My new Range Rover Classic project. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My new Range Rover Classic project.

TarHeel085 said:
there was a discovery running around here on 38's or 40's :eek:

this one???

Attachments

• c5_3.jpg
    c5_3.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 4,437

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TarHeel085 said:
there was a discovery running around here on 38's or 40's :eek:

Yellow?
I know that kid. His name is Jordan. Its not exactly what i would call a land rover anymore. ;) Its been Chopped, caged, and is running 42 TSLs on 60s F/R. Its a NIIIIIICE rover. Its been beat on quite a bit since the transformation, but is still a head turner.

justin146 said:
If you can get a new Defender here, you cant insure it...because it isnt up to US standards. I personally know of a case where someone got one imported and managed to get insurance for it. He had a wreck-the officer that was doing the write up on it couldnt find a 01 D110 in his computer, because there were none here. The guys insurance refused to pay anything so he got sued and lost everything.
Nope no insurance on it at all, he drives it once in a while but doesnt go far. Last time I talked to him he was looking for some way to get special insurance because he is in the military. Sad to see such an awesome vehicle sit there because of something so stupid. On a side note military people bring back lots of nice cars, seems like almost everyone that goes to germany brings back a new euro bmw or mercedes.

This one?

10008240ot.jpg

10008270um.jpg

:eek:

rover16hn.jpg

Ill get some pics of it finished.....i just need to find them on my HD.

I drooled over that thing on Pirate forever :D Definitely a bad rover. :thumbsup:

I see it has H2 wheels- I have them on my J20.

Could you retrofit an airbag system and all? You guys know it's possible...

Like there's an outfit that imports Skylines/ GTRs and modifies them to meet all OBD, smog, safety, etc standards

I know that they CAN be registered and insured in the States.....My neighbor has one and he has been driving it since he got it 2 years ago. It is insured, it is legal, it does pass inspection, and he bought it from a Land Rover Dealer Used in Charlotte (which is why it is most likely legal). His does not have an airbag either.

His is most likely built as a Series 2. What they do in theory is put D 90 parts on a series 2 88-to update it(or D110/130 parts on a 109); but in actuality they just take the VIN from the series 2 and put it on the Defender and call it a Series 2. Only Series 2 built before 1981(25 years old) can be legally imported and registered. If it is registered as newer than a 1997 then it is a law suit waiting to happen. The guy that I know that got into trouble had his registered and insured too. The insurance didn't know any better until the law suit. There are a few that have been allowed to be imported and converted to be legal- but very few.

here is a link with some good info- http://www.eastcoastrover.com/imports.html

did you get my latest PM about the shipping Justin?

yeah...that sounds like a good deal. I'll let you know when I have the money.

ok, cool. Just let me know.

This is the suspension lift I bought for it. To install these, I will have to unbolt the springs from the axles and bolt these in between. I am not sure exactly how I am going to accomplish this though. I'll figure it out though. The front spacers are in 2 pieces because they also move the shocks 2", so longer shocks aren't needed.
4b_12_sb.jpg

I just found this picture. I think I will attempt to make some of these lights. THey look alot like the '03+ tails. It looks like some 18 wheeler grommet mount lights on sheet aluminum......I would use LEDs of course.:)

Attachments

• roverlights.JPG
    roverlights.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 2,737

I'm building something similar for my truck. I'll post pics once we complete it.

got some work done today. I decided to do just the top/front surface of the hood in bedliner. I also got the front fenders trimmed and the headlights installed. The hood is by no means perfect, but I think it looks great.

The truck is not as scratched as it looks in the pictures; it has paint/filler dust all over it:)

Attachments

• rover 007 (Medium).jpg
    rover 007 (Medium).jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,132
  • rover 006 (Medium).jpg
    rover 006 (Medium).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,114
  • rover 005 (Medium).jpg
    rover 005 (Medium).jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,118
  • rover 003 (Medium).jpg
    rover 003 (Medium).jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,126

more pics...

Attachments

• rover 008 (Medium).jpg
    rover 008 (Medium).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,125
  • rover 009 (Medium).jpg
    rover 009 (Medium).jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,104
  • rover 010 (Medium).jpg
    rover 010 (Medium).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,090
  • rover 013 (Medium).jpg
    rover 013 (Medium).jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,098

I like this one....

Attachments

• rover 001 (Medium).jpg
    rover 001 (Medium).jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,122

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

spray the whole thing in bedliner...
That'll be awsome..
Paul

Back