My new Range Rover Classic project. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My new Range Rover Classic project.

I believe to be legal youll need the lights visible from the side? Maybe some small clearance lights on the side.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good. I agree, paint the whole thing black. The faded brown went out in the 80s ;)

Maybe someday I'll replace the hood and give it a respray. I kinda like the brown...the paint is called Savannah Beige.

I have been working on the interior a little. The console was broken so I replaced the part around the shifter with plywood covered in heavy black felt. I am trying to find some seet covers but I am having no luck. The headrests are broken so I am looking for some for low back bucket seats.

not to steal the thread or anything, but those bumpers on the first page got me thinkin... how wide would they need to be for an explorer sport, and how hard would it be to have the mounts installed?

thanks

Davis

If you take take pictures with measurements the company can make mounts for your application. I am not sure what the measurements are on the Explorer though.

Here is a litttle update... I have put on the tires, trimmed the rear fenders, sprayed both bumpers in bedliner, and did the bedliner on the edge of the rear fenders and bottom of the tailgate. I am thinking about removing the trim from the doors and spraying them from that point down...

Attachments

• Picture 024 (Small).jpg
    Picture 024 (Small).jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 994
  • Picture 026 (Small).jpg
    Picture 026 (Small).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 962
  • Picture 027 (Small).jpg
    Picture 027 (Small).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,008
  • Picture 028 (Small).jpg
    Picture 028 (Small).jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 958

lookin good

Any plans for a roof cage? I think that would look good.

rookieshooter said:
Any plans for a roof cage? I think that would look good.
I am working on that right now. I like the full length Surco, but they are really cheaply made. I was thinking about getting some gutter mount ladder racks for a van and making a rack from steel tubing.

What's a good website to learn about them ?

Now that the temp is in the 80s outside, I will be doing more work on mine. I need to get the spacers on it. I am planning on doing a body lift also... I would do more suspension, but I will have to extend the brake lines and get a DC front driveshaft. Which body lift is he using? If I get the body lift on, I will probably go with a 255/85/16.

FROADER said:
What year is the new one you're looking at?

I am getting a 95+ P38.

Well, it has been a while since i updated this. I was(am still) trying to sell it, but since there was no interest, I am keeping the mods going:) this is my latest add- the ginormous roof rack that is almost required on an old Rover. This may not be what you'd normally see on one, but it gets the job done. I can stand in the basket without even a creak out of it-yes, this is the basket that was on my Explorer. I still need to put the lift on, it has been just sitting in the closet.

The crossbar on the front will soon be tied into the rear part of the frame and will have off-road lights mounted. I am thinking about building a fiberglass enclosure to hold about 6-7 7" sealed-beam conversion lights (like my headlights) and mount up there.

Attachments

• IM000838 (Medium).JPG
    IM000838 (Medium).JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 2,677
  • Copy of IM000834 (Medium).JPG
    Copy of IM000834 (Medium).JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 839
  • IM000835 (Medium).JPG
    IM000835 (Medium).JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,429

Back