New Mod? Range Rover Headlights | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Mod? Range Rover Headlights

Yah I did it to be original and stand out from the 1,000's of explorers I see daily. To my knowledge qucik was the first one to do it but then he totalled his ex so im the only one that has it, but I could be wrong. I get a lot of other explorer owners stairing at my hood but I dunno if thats good or bad.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its good. if you ask me people starring is always a good thing, even if they dont like what theyre starring at, as long as you do its all good. like one time i had to drive my truck with no front end on it to work so i could start putting it back together, and people were starring and laughing and waving and all kinds of other stuff and i thought it was awsome haha

good news: this looks really good. bad news: i have seen it before lol

the ones i've seen were light covers, not exactly the same.. but same idea.

hi i was wondering where you got the letters from it looks really good id like to do it to my 05 explorer also how does it hold up to the weather?

yeah i ended up totaling the ex but it held up great i use 3m outdoor molding double sided tape... it even held up when i flipped:roll: lol

look real good thanks i think ill just go buy a badge off ebay and throw it on mine also why do you have square mirrors are they off of an 06?

hey i did mine today but i cant figure out how to get a pic on here can you help me out i would like to know what you think of it

Host it on photobucket.com and then copy and paste the IMG code

well i really like the look of the head lights so i think i might have to hijack your idea. wanted to see what it would look like on my EX so i did a quick little photoshop. what do u think about the Rover heads with this color EX??

roverheads.jpg

Lol if it was real, it would look better, i say go for it...

well i really like the look of the head lights so i think i might have to hijack your idea. wanted to see what it would look like on my EX so i did a quick little photoshop. what do u think about the Rover heads with this color EX??

roverheads.jpg

I say it looks real hott bro! Go for it x2!

I am cracking mine open to install my company's LED halos, and I will paint the INSIDE of my lights, and see how that looks.

Will keep you posted as well!

yeah i had thought of opening them up too. i bet those LEDs are gonna look sweet. good luck on the install!

i really want this for my white X. Maybe with a new grille i could pull it off to?

got bored and decided to mess around with some vht niteshades, the headlights didnt' look right, so i decided to try taping off and spraying them this way:

Note: For some reason vht didn't want to adhere to the headlights, cleaned thoroughly and it worked. I still need to touch up and clear the whole thing, then wet sand. Also need to take sharp knife gently around the tape-off areas because i didn't give them time to dry i had an emergency mid-project.

However, i've taped of spots of tail lights (reverse lights) to be sprayed and had great success before, so i probably wouldn't have to do any of this again if i had just a) waited till it was warmer and b) allowed more time to dry.

Not sure if this is "original" i haven't seen anybody else try this, and personally i like it better than the aftermarket housings and it's much cheaper. (14 dollars a can for this stuff on ebay). I call my cheapo creation "rover headlights" because they look like wannabe rover lights.

Anyway, check it out!

roverlights24s1.jpg

roverlights24s5.jpg

roverlights24s2.jpg

roverlights24s3.jpg

roverlights24s4.jpg

roverlights24s6.jpg

here's the vht niteshades on the tail lights & third brake light
roverlights24s7.jpg

here is the before:
2003expoclean.jpg

and after:
roverlights24s3.jpg

never had problems with vht niteshades adhering on to any other plastic, so i'd say it's a pretty safe, easy mod. Surely it was the wax they put on the headlights at the dealership they told me about.

Let me know what you think!

hey man this explorer looks sick! I was just wondering if you painted the bottom bumper all around black too, cuz in some pics it looks grey and in some it looks black? Anyways, sick work, i like.

actually the finish is flawless on the tail lights... the picture sucks or it may have been dirty at the time... here better view of how it came out :
VHTOnlyOLIVETAILS.jpg
Hey Bro. How hard was it to apply it to your housing units?? Any directions listed online... I'm new to this. I wondering about like coating application, (how many), and what not. And is there anyway to take the Vht spray off, (like is there an adhesive that removes it)???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you spray your turn signals as well or are they aftermarket smoked turn signals? If anyone knows feel free to answer!

Back