Justin's new project- Another Range Rover Classic | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Justin's new project- Another Range Rover Classic

justin146

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Oxford, MS-- home of the Ole Miss Rebels
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT Sport 5.0 Turbo
I bought this '94 Range Rover to drive while my Explorer is down for the twin turbo swap. But I just cant leave anything alone. I still have some parts left over from my last Range Rover, so they will slowly be making their way to this one.

My first mod was upgrading the crappy sealed beam headlights. I replaced them with some E-code Autopals with replaceable H4 bulbs. I then stuffed them with a 5000k bi-xenon kit. The increase in useable light at night is amazing, and the E-code housings give them a very sharp cutoff. Here are some pics...

DSC00705Medium.jpg

DSC00709Medium.jpg

DSC00706Medium.jpg

DSC00707Medium.jpg

my next mod is to install a Great Divide Edition bumper that should be delivered later this week. Here is what it looks like:

gde.jpg

More things to come soon- I will be doing a hood blackout when I get a good warm day to spray bedliner. This Rangie has the air suspension, so I am working on a spacer lift because I dont want to replace it with coils. I also have my roof rack from my old one that I have to dig out of the barn.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice. I sold my 92 RRC a couple months ago and I think I am going to look for another one. I'd like to get a LWB this time. Did you buy this off eBay?

I did buy it on eBay a few weeks ago. When I sold my '88 RRC, I told myself if I got another one it would be a '94 or '95. I looked for a LWB, but couldnt find one close to me.

I'm not a fan of the LWBs. The proportions just don't seem right to me.

They do look a little funny stock, but they look great when lifted :)

I remember seeing that in my search, its clean. Im not sure if I like the D1 interior in the 95 or if I like the classic interior, that is my biggest decision right now in looking. I love those TWR wheels you have, some of the best lookin stock wheels IMO.

The funny thing is that Carmen Pearl is a pretty rare color, and there were two other 1994's on eBay with this color yesterday. They aren't in as good of shape as mine is though :)

I made a post a little while ago, but it seems to have disappeared... oh well :)

My new bumper came in today. The whole bumper only weighs about 35lbs. It even has the squirters for my headlights and two predrilled holes (capped with rubber plugs) that will soon be topped with some HID driving lights. I wont be installing it until I can get it sanded and sprayed with bedliner.

DSC00712Large.jpg

nice range rover it looks awesome

Here is my latest mod- a 3" software lift. I built a cable to communicate with the factory air suspension ECU with my laptop and changed the values of the preset heights. This is now the normal ride height and high mode is about an inch taller....

DSC00730Medium.jpg

DSC00731Medium.jpg

Does raising it like that effect the ride quality or does it still ride the same.

Does raising it like that effect the ride quality or does it still ride the same.

It is a little more firm, but still smoother than the stock coils on my old Rover.

That looks great. I'd like to pick one up at some point. '93 and '94 SWBs weren't too common. I'd like a '95 SWB with the updated dash.

Haven't updated this in a while- I got some tires put on today so I took some pictures. I got the front bumper put on months ago. I sanded it down and coated it in bedliner. The tires are 265/75/16 Wrangler MT/R. I also did a hood blackout in bedliner.

DSC00991_Medium.jpg

DSC00992_Medium.jpg

DSC00996_Medium.jpg

DSC00995_Medium.jpg

Here's one more picture for you. These are sitting on the spot where I am about to start construction on my new workshop.

DSC00998Large.jpg

Back