My new Range Rover Classic project. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My new Range Rover Classic project.

As long as they are silver, not bent, and will balance- I am interested.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

they arent bent at all, will balance, and are silver (need to be washed though, lol)

dsc050624at.jpg

dsc050689nv.jpg

dsc050698ii.jpg

sorry Tires are NOT included.

justin146 said:
what size tires are those? Can you get me some more info on his? Mine already has stage 2, which lifted it to the air suspensions max height, and I am adding some billet spacers onto that.
I believe he's got 265/75s on it. I'll see this weekend for sure. He'll be out at Truck Haven. I'm trying to get him to fit some 33s on it. He's also got a '99 4.6L in it.

I want to see the Rover that those 35s were on...

:)

Before we cut into it:
s0014nq.jpg

The Plans (Yes that is a Front 60 and a Rear D70):
s0031qf.jpg

Where it should sit with the new Tires and wider rims (WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE):
s0165ox.jpg

Frame cleaned off in the rear for the Coilover box hoop mounts:
s0520gg.jpg

Floor pan cut out for the 16" Sway A Way Coilovers (All 4 Corners, with a true 4 Link setup ;))
s0390cl.jpg

Possible Body Cuts in the Rear ("comp cut"):
s0265ff.jpg

Soon after completion it will have a full cage, chopped top, 39.5 TSLs on Hummer Beadlocks (w/ run flats)

will it be able to drive out of the garage?

on the rollers it will be. Within 2 inches. ;)

You are just asking for trouble running tires that big on stock Rover axles. That will be the first full-width axled Land Rover I have ever seen though. Although the white Rangie above may have full width axles-either that, or he has some 0 backspaced rims.

I was considering trimming my rear fenders like that one is already, but I didnt know how it would look-It is not like you can go back:) I need someone to Photoshop them cut.

(this is my buddies truck that him and i are building....its not mine) But he ran those 315s (35s) on the rover axles for a long time and never had the slightest issue with them. Now they wern't locked and he didnt beat on it super hard so thats probably why they stayed together. Its also not his DD, so it didnt really get that much use other than trails.

I got the hood smoothed out completely today. I am considering spraying the entire top surface of the hood with bedliner instead of just the center section. There is a little of oxidation on the hood, so this would cover it up. The sides of the hood look fine, so I would leave them alone. I made this picture on Paint--the hood os blacked out and I trimmed the front fenders a little.

how does it look with the blacked out hood?

Attachments

• blackrover (Medium).JPG
    blackrover (Medium).JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,574

I don't like it with just the hood black. Especially being that color. Paint the whole top black and it would at least look decent.

Attachments

• Rover.jpg
    Rover.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,657

Too bad the US is like the only country that LR doesn't offer the Defender

The only reason we can't get them is because Rover refused to put air bags in them. It is CRAZY that 93-97 models will go for $40k here while you can buy an brand new one for $20k in the UK. I have seen Defender 110s go on eBay for $100k.

F14CRAZY said:
Too bad the US is like the only country that LR doesn't offer the Defender
I know a few people that have them I think the last year for them in the us was 95 or 97. They still sell for alot to. One of my neighbors just moved back to the country from Germany and brought back a new defender, awesome vehicle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you can get a new Defender here, you cant insure it...because it isnt up to US standards. I personally know of a case where someone got one imported and managed to get insurance for it. He had a wreck-the officer that was doing the write up on it couldnt find a 01 D110 in his computer, because there were none here. The guys insurance refused to pay anything so he got sued and lost everything.

Back