Before with BFG 255/70/15's Radial T/A

View
<br>
After with BFG AT KO's 31x10.5 and Safari bar with Hella 500's<br>
View
<br>

View
<br>
you can still see the sticker on the new tires woops!

I liked th Radial T/A but I wanted a bigger tire.

If anyone is interested in the 255/70/r15's email me. They have less tha 3k miles on them

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very clean looking! I like the blackout look but they suck at night

your truck looked good before, looks even better now. i agree with Austin, the light covers do suck at night. i have a pair, and i take them off more than they are on. the older i get the worse my vision is at night. they look great with the all black of your truck, and i really think they blend well with the sport front ends(no chrome). any chance u can snap some pictures of your dual exhaust setup, it looks really nice from the side. any info about it would help too. i spoke with flowmaster today, and the rep said not to get a 40, or a 50, but to get a delta 50 for suv's only........ blah blah blah. almost everything i have read on this site seems to be positive on the flowmaster 40. thanks,
Rick H.

hey Splashman,
i agree, tires and/or wheels were one of the first things i did when i bought my explorer new. i could not stand those skinny original tires. old people were even telling me the original tires (235/75/15) looked too thin for the truck, and thats scary when old people notice things like that....

Lookin' good buddy. I like the safari bar and the Hella's. How do you like those Gabriel VST's? I keep hearing that some set of shocks are the same as the Edelbrocks, are they them? Again, truck looks great!

Thanks for the comments.

The gabriels are I would say slightly better than stock To tell the truth I really didn't notice much of a difference with them. I have heard that the are the same a s the edlebrocks .......I doubt it. Until I did the TT lift my truck felt nice on road. Now its tight since I did the lift and I like it better this way.

Ill snap some shots of the exhaust when I get back from vacation. I thinking of having it redone because when the tire shop had my truck up in the air with no tires I got a really good look at the exhaust and in some places the pipes are only 1 inch! I want some mandrel bent pipes.

later

Looks really nice and clean. Its amazing at what a few simple things can do for the looks of a vehicle sometimes. New tires really do make a differance. And I dont think the 235's are THAT skinny of a tire really. I think they look wider than the Firestones did for some reason. But those BFG tires really set it off.

looks good

now needs muddy pictures, none of this driveway stuff ;)

the 1" pipe is probably so that there is equal ammounts of exhaust coming out of both pipes. as long as its after the pipe has split i wouldnt worry about it. you also want to keep some backpressure so that the computer dosnt freak out. anyway nice lookin truck man.

Hey, really nice ride man. Got mine about a month ago myself. I was wondering where you got your exhaust and how much you paid for it. Is it a cat-back or a full exhaust? I'm wanting to spruce it up a bit and was looking around for some input. Thanks, Eric

Sherwood

I got my exhaust in two stages really. First Meinike (spelling?) put the flowmaster in and used my stock exhaust pipe so it looked stock but sounded a little meaner. Then I decided to bring it to another muffler shop and have them put a splitter and duals total cost wast about $230 for both stages .After they installed the Y adaptor and the two pipes instead of one it sounded MUCH deeper.
I thought about changing the single in single out flow to a single in dual out flow so it would be more free flowing. I don't know what this would do the sound.
I hope this helps.

Back