New Pirelli A/S Scorpion | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Pirelli A/S Scorpion

I have a 1997 XLT, 4 door. I changed my Firestone Wilderness AT tire, after 59K miles, with Pirelli A/S Scorpion from size 235 to 255, 70 to 75, R15. It looks great !. But I'm encountering a problem: The driving is not smooth. I can feel vibration of the steering wheel at 65 mph speed. I came back to the tire people (WTC) and they rebalanced all the wheels but the same thing! I also noticed that the lead weights that they put into the rim is big and two pieces on the other rims, unlike before, it was only oneweight and small in size. What is wrong? Help

Tino, two things come to mind when I read your post. First, the tire shop you went to may have a wheel balancer that needs to be recalibrated. I would go to another shop and have them verify the balancing of the wheels. Second, the weights. If their wheel balancer is off, then that could be why they have added so much weight(especially if they added extra weights to all four tires), or it could be because of poor tire manufacture (although I doubt that it is the tire since Pirelli is a usually a very good tire company).

Hope this helps!
Pacman

Tino, I had the same problem when I put the Pirelli's on. I went back to the tire shop and had them rebalanced to no avail. So they took them back and I replaced them with TOYO's that I love.
Rick

Back