New Shoes - Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Shoes - Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs

After over 3 years running Kumho muds, I finally made a switch to Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. Stayed the same size, 33x12.50x15. I was looking to move from muds to ATs. These are classed as ATs, but they're closer to a mud, in my opinion. Love the look of them, and haven't heard a bad thing from anyone who has run them. Toyota guys in particular seem to LOVE the damn things, and give them very high marks for driving in the snow. With the winter bearing down on us north east guys, I'll get to test this claim soon enough.

I really dig the look so far, time will tell how they perform. Here's a couple of crummy night pictures until I can get some daylight shots.

EDIT: Better photos added.

Tires7.jpg

Tires6.jpg

Tires3.jpg

Tires4.jpg

Tires5.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have yet to read a bad review of these tires on any forum. Everybody is raving about them and it helps that compared to other tires in comparable sizes they are light. Will definitely be getting a set myself when its time for new rubber...which will be soon.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

You won't regret it, they've gotta be one of the most aggressive A/T's around for a competitive price.

I want your rear bumper.

RLC Welding made it for me. It's for a 1st gen, but it fits the 2nd gen with a little bit of trimming the stock spare tire carrier thingy.

Was thinking about these tires on the way home while driving my 4banger home through snow...need new tires on the truck but don't want a/t's and want something that's like a mud terrain but does good in know also....Good to see everyone likes them...

these are the best AT's for the price on the market in my opinion. i got them and have already driven them in the dirt and snow and they are like having true mud tires, but run quiet and wear evenly on the pavement. i was also commuting 100 miles a day in my trac with these on up until a month ago and they had great road manners also. best set of tires ive bought for the money.

Over a year later and I'm still a very happy customer. I put my truck through some hard street driving, snow, offroading, etc, and these have not let me down yet. Still very highly recommended. I can post wear photos one+ year later if anyone is interested. :thumbsup:

x2

sounds like they are wearing very well for you, just 2 questions, what psi are you running and have you lost any siping? looking at the 1st pics it looks like the siping only runs a 1/4 of the way into the lugs

man, all of the raving we have all been doing about these duratracs have driven the prices on these tires up. i tried getting pricing on a set for our jeep and they were anywhere from 25 to 60 more per tire than when i bought my set a few months ago.

Lono, it's also coming up into winter so that drives the prices up too.

Lono, it's also coming up into winter so that drives the prices up too.

as just making a joke. btw our teams are going at it right now. superbolw preview?

From the reviews on this forum, I would think that these are the absolute perfect tire. As soon as I see them crawl up a glass building, I'm buying a set. I don't expect it to take long for someone to get pictures of this happening.

From the reviews on this forum, I would think that these are the absolute perfect tire. As soon as I see them crawl up a glass building, I'm buying a set. I don't expect it to take long for someone to get pictures of this happening.

Damnit! I should have taken some pictures! Guess you'll just have to take my word on it. :roll:

well i havent driven up a building yet, but i have drove over some snow and ice that was just like glass and the duratracs were handling business!

the wheels and the truck looks awesome. and i am extremely envious of you lol

Hey RaveDigger, here's my swing out tire carrier I build to look like a factory option.

picture.php

picture.php

Build me one..

One guy I work with has some on his Dodge Ram. He loves them.

He pry won't get alot of miles out of them though...

He likes to smoke the tires in parking lots, at stoplights or stopsigns
burnout.gif

When he gets them rotated, he'll smoke the rear tires to even the wear, since the edges are feathered from being on the front
burnout.gif

Sorry for the long delay. Here are pics of my tread, front and rear, 16 months and (only) 5,000 miles after purchase.

Front

FrontTire16MonthWear.jpg

Rear

RearTire16MonthWear.jpg

Back