New Sport arrival

SportCzech

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Hi all,
Just received my Sport a week ago. So far it's everything advertised to be. I have the Ingot with sienna inserts, moonroof, tow package and 2nd row buckets. I am so glad I ordered the 2nd row buckets, makes the car so much more useful or manageable, I think with the kids(11&14), who love it getting in and sitting in the back especially with the 2nd row folded. I also like setting my briefcase in the space between, think having the center console would defeat the purpose. The car handles beautifully, looks good and everything works as it should with no smells or things falling off or any of the other issues I have read about on the site. Would post photos but haven't figured that out yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Question about your second row seats... Do they slide forward and back and recline? :salute:

Yes the 2nd row seats do slide fore and aft but not much, supposedly gives you a little more room than the bench. I think maybe 2 to 3 inches. They do recline but also not much with seat fully aft, found if you pull seat forward it will recline a little more and then can also move them aft again.

Hi all,
Just received my Sport a week ago. So far it's everything advertised to be. I have the Ingot with sienna inserts, moonroof, tow package and 2nd row buckets. I am so glad I ordered the 2nd row buckets, makes the car so much more useful or manageable, I think with the kids(11&14), who love it getting in and sitting in the back especially with the 2nd row folded. I also like setting my briefcase in the space between, think having the center console would defeat the purpose. The car handles beautifully, looks good and everything works as it should with no smells or things falling off or any of the other issues I have read about on the site. Would post photos but haven't figured that out yet.
I saw a video on the 2014 Toyota Highlander and their 2nd row console will fold down along one side to allow access to the 3rd row. The console is more of a tray since both buckets, unlike the Explorer, have interior armrests.

Peter

If anyone could help with two questions. The fuel economy settings 5 10 and 30 mins, noticed the bars for avg mileage adjust every few minutes regardless of setting, how or what is the thought process? Was thinking each bar would recalculate at setting selected. Also someone on a thread mentioned the rear camera predictive lines(curves when turning backwards). I am not sure Sport comes with this option, is this so and if not how to setup.

If anyone could help with two questions. The fuel economy settings 5 10 and 30 mins, noticed the bars for avg mileage adjust every few minutes regardless of setting, how or what is the thought process? Was thinking each bar would recalculate at setting selected. Also someone on a thread mentioned the rear camera predictive lines(curves when turning backwards). I am not sure Sport comes with this option, is this so and if not how to setup.
I don't know about the bars. I don't use that setup as a display but I assume that is explained in either the Owner's Guide or the MyFord Touch MyLincoln Touch Supplement.
As for the predictive lines on the camera view, those are part of the Active Park Assist which the Sport does not have.

Peter

your fuel economy gauges have a few settings, but the one you are talking about basically let's you know when you are doing above and below average... it will move around a lot if you have recently reset it by holding the left OK...

but once you've built up a 'true' avg over more miles the avg will only fluctuate a bit ..

(like in baseball - a hit with 3 at bats is a 333 average,
but one more out and you drop to 1 out of four which is 250,
so it changes a lot at first...
but then as you bat 100 times your average only moves a bit :) )

Hi all,
Just received my Sport a week ago...

Awesome news, SportCzech! Congratulations!

If anyone could help with two questions. The fuel economy settings 5 10 and 30 mins, noticed the bars for avg mileage adjust every few minutes regardless of setting...

It looks like JohnBoyToo did a great job of describing this already, but if you have additional questions, I recommend checking out the Information Displays section that starts on page 127 of the 4th Printing of your Owner's Manual. You can download a free copy of your Owner's Manual here: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage

Crystal

Back