New to Explorer, looking for some camera help. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New to Explorer, looking for some camera help.

Blaze Harper

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
Just bought a 2017 Limited with a broken front camera lens. Is there an easy way to just replace the lens or do I have to buy a new camera? Camera works fine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! Ask the dealer to look it up. Maybe the lens has a part number.
I did call but not to see if there is a lens replacement. They just wanted to replace the camera for $650 Canadian. Yea, probably won't do that, I'll try to do it myself.

GB5T 19H222 AB​

New Chicom camera is about U$50. New Ford camera is U$275. Used Ford camera on eBay for U$185.
I have never seen that type camera with a replaceable lens.

GB5T 19H222 AB​

New Chicom camera is about U$50. New Ford camera is U$275. Used Ford camera on eBay for U$185.
I have never seen that type camera with a replaceable lens.

A friend mentioned that he saw a thread about a replacement lens but I can't find it anywhere. Would I have to calibrate a new camera or is it plug and play?

Just bought a 2017 Limited with a broken front camera lens. Is there an easy way to just replace the lens or do I have to buy a new camera? Camera works fine.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'd be very surprised if just the lens was replaceable. You're likely looking at a camera replacement. If looking at new, check this site.
There may be similar OEM discount distributors in AB.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'd be very surprised if just the lens was replaceable. You're likely looking at a camera replacement. If looking at new, check this site.
There may be similar OEM discount distributors in AB.

Peter
Thanks for that Peter.
Wow they're sure pricey! It too bad there's no Lens replacement, the camera is fine otherwise. Will the new camera need to be calibrated?

Thanks for that Peter.
Wow they're sure pricey! It too bad there's no Lens replacement, the camera is fine otherwise. Will the new camera need to be calibrated?
I believe they have to be programmed to the vehicle if you have Active Park Assist with the moving lines.

Peter

Back