How to: - 2017 Explorer - Replacing front camera | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: 2017 Explorer - Replacing front camera

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
success!

Even though I bought my camera brand new from a Ford dealership....the 180 degree split screen view is inop.

When I push the front camera button once, I get the picture shown below. When I press it again, nothing happens....when I press the third time it takes me back to my home screen.

View attachment 173297

View attachment 173298

The same thing happened to me with the eBay one I bought for $60. Everything matched including the label numbers but it did not have the split-screen so I returned it.

success!

Even though I bought my camera brand new from a Ford dealership....the 180 degree split screen view is inop.

When I push the front camera button once, I get the picture shown below. When I press it again, nothing happens....when I press the third time it takes me back to my home screen.

How much did the dealer charge for that camera?

Just had a thought, do you have Forscan? Maybe you can run a camera calibration on it.

Take it back. If you previously had 180 view then I would think there is an issue with the camera, or it's not the right one. As mentioned it may have to be programmed to your vehicle similar to the rearview camera.

Peter

Back