• Register Today It's free!

NewExhaust system

BlitzBurgh87

Reaction score
City, State
Buchanan, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer Sport
I am looking to buy a new exhaust system for my 98 explorer sport. I was wondering what the best sounding and best performance exhaust systems are for this vehicle. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you happen to check out the 5.0 exhaust thread which is a sticky at the top of this forum?

Search it up!!!!

I never even noticed the exhaust thread. thanks man

I got single in and dual out 40 series flowmasters and they are 2 1/2 inch tips. I really love my flowmasters

i put magna flow on my v8. sounds great i think. although i was disapointed to find out i couldnt do dual exhuast.

Best sounding exhaust is like what is the best coffee-Heh Heh, kind of subjective. But, most people here like Flowmaster & Magnaflow. Flowmaster has alot of different mufflers which all sound different. I am running Flowmaster Force II catback, quiet at idle but sounds pretty throaty when you step on it. Running Magnaflow on my Pathfinder and I really like it as well. I dont think you can go wrong with either. Have also heard a Dynomax system on a 4.0 OHV and that sounded good as well. With a V6 you dont want to go too big with pipes. Let us know what you go with.

Ive see alot of people saying that flowmaster or magnaflow are better choices buit I havent seen anyone say anything about gibson. I found a sweptside gibson exhaust system that looks good. (part number is 19688) in case someone wants to check it out. Gimme me feedback on Gibson

I have a aero turbine 25 series it sounds great kinda loud sometimes but overall very impressed

I have never used Gibson but have a buddy that only uses them on his GMC's. Quality looks really good/sounds good too, but I have only heard them on V8's. I dont think you could go wrong with them either.

grn i saw some videos of gibson exhausts on some rangers and there is a guy on this forum that his gibson on his explorer sport.

i agree Flowmaster or Magnaflow is ideal for most explorer owners. i have dual in dual out 2.25 pipe with 3in tips. for a v6 it sounds amazing. at first it was quiet but once the rust built up a bit inside the muffler it got louder. nice idle sound and a lil deep roar when ya step on it. those i would say are your best bets.

i wanna get true dual exhaust i got single in and dual out 40 series flowmasters with 2 1/2 inch tips

Back