• Register Today It's free!

no remote entry functions

flobes

Reaction score
City, State
Fort St John, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT V6 4WD
My keyles remote functions have stopped working. I have the regular integrated keyhead transmitter type(IKT) It was working fine, then just stopped working last week. I tried my spare key, and same thing, no response, I replaced the batteries in both remotes, and still nothing. Any ideas?

2011 xlt 4wd, 4600KM

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like it lost its coding...you might have to go back to the dealer and have them re-do the coding on your keys so it'll communicate with the vehicle.

My keyles remote functions have stopped working. I have the regular integrated keyhead transmitter type(IKT) It was working fine, then just stopped working last week. I tried my spare key, and same thing, no response, I replaced the batteries in both remotes, and still nothing. Any ideas?

2011 xlt 4wd, 4600KM
Seeing as both keys are inoperative, I would suspect it is a problem within the vehicle and not the key fobs. It would be unusual for both key fobs to lose their tranmitting codes. I think a trip to the dealer is in order.
Also, welcome to the Forum. :wavey:

Did this happen in just one location, or multiple locations?

I've found there are some places where my keyless entry seems to be overwhelmed by radio interference.

They won't work one place consistently, but do work most other places.

Did this happen in just one location, or multiple locations?

I've found there are some places where my keyless entry seems to be overwhelmed by radio interference.

They won't work one place consistently, but do work most other places.

No, I've tried everywhere, same result....nothing.Got an appointment @ the dealership this weekend.

dealer dumb dumbs

went to the dealer today, thy got my key remotes working after 2.5 hours. The problem is now my compu start remote starter won't work. Went back to the dealer, they took the compu start off of valet, and now, the rwemote fobs are not working again. they say there is some kind of conflict between the two transmitters. The remote was dealer installed a another dealer at the point of sale.Anyway wasted a whole saturday, and no furthe ahead(Thanks ford) They say they will contact the install dealer on monday to find out what can be done. I wanted a ford remote too begin with, the salesman said, "nobody buys those factory remotes, these compu starts are way better."Love the ford product, wish they had the service to back it up.

went to the dealer today, thy got my key remotes working after 2.5 hours. The problem is now my compu start remote starter won't work. Went back to the dealer, they took the compu start off of valet, and now, the rwemote fobs are not working again. they say there is some kind of conflict between the two transmitters. The remote was dealer installed a another dealer at the point of sale.Anyway wasted a whole saturday, and no furthe ahead(Thanks ford) They say they will contact the install dealer on monday to find out what can be done. I wanted a ford remote too begin with, the salesman said, "nobody buys those factory remotes, these compu starts are way better."Love the ford product, wish they had the service to back it up.
So why is it Ford's fault? Sounds like it is the fault of the installing dealer.

I'd be thankful the dealer doing the work is being nice enough to look at it and not sending you back to where you bought it since it is not a Ford accessory.

Back