• Register Today It's free!

Non EGR motor to replace EGR???

jimmy0521

Reaction score
City, State
New London, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 xlt
Ok guys, i blew my head gaskets, and seeing how i had a death rattle and 240k on my 4.0 ('94) i opted to switch it out. Got a replacement from a 93 with 78k on it for 180 out the door, guaranteed to run.

2 biggest issues...i got hasty cause of the price, now i have a nice NON egr motor to replace my EGR motor...so i'm thinking swap out intake/exhaust manifolds and i should be OK i think, anybody let me know if i'm not.

#2, 93=No cam sensor...anyway I can drop mine in without spending 30 bucks on a tool i'm gonna use once?

as far as the egr goes.. just use the original exhaust manifolds and intake. or make a block off on the new intake if you dont want to go through the hassle of removing it from the donor motor.

the new intake doesnt' even have holes, it's more the missing sensors and cpu issues i'm worried about

the new intake doesnt' even have holes, it's more the missing sensors and cpu issues i'm worried about
'91 - '94 use the exact same long block. At the worst, you would need to strip the engines down to the long block and swap parts from the dead block to the donor block. If in doubt, that's what I'd do.

Back