• Register Today It's free!

O/D Light Flashing

camski

Reaction score
City, State
Bellingham, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Every once while taking long trips the overdirve light on the dash will start flashing, while flashing it shifts very heavy between first and second. After restarting the car the light will go off and everything will be fine again. I have seen that other threads say to get the code read, where can I get that done for minimal cost?

I had the same problem.

all the local tranny shops offered a free code read, exterior visual inspection, road test.

I went to 3 of them.

all 3 gave me a different diagnosis.

I ended up going with AAMCO as their story seemed most likely, they acted the most profressional, and being a national chain, was nice to think I could get service if I was out of town.

All 3 quotes were about the same $$. Ended up costing right around $2500 for a complete rebuild and new Torque converter. ;/

I had the same prob. I changed fluid and strainer and fixed it. It's worth a try!!

I had the same problem. King Transmission in Elmhurst, IL did the free diagnosis. Told me I needed a total rebuild for $1800.. I had a friend (Heavy Machinery mechanic) do the job for $150. Just needed some tightening done to one of the (bands)? inside the tranny... Been in good shape ever since... About 15,000 miles ago...

Back