• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

O2 Sensor Voltages

Reaction score
City, State
Bonita Springs, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT, V6 OHV
Anyone here familiar with “normal” voltages for O2 sensors? Two of my sensors appear to be functioning correctly and are on opposite voltages. I’ve read before that it should be that way. However, the third sensor on bank 2/3 stays steady around .790 volts. Any idea if that’s bad? I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

I took this screenshot after driving for an hour:
1DD8EA8E-A611-4830-9F26-0036411B73F5.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x

fastpakr

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Roanoke, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 4wd - 5.0/4R70W/BW4406
The third sensor is just for monitoring catalyst efficiency, so I'd anticipate it being relatively steady.

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
The third sensor is just for monitoring catalyst efficiency, so I'd anticipate it being relatively steady.

True. Only the 2 pre-cat sensor really do anything.

Reaction score
City, State
Bonita Springs, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT, V6 OHV
A lot of good info. Thanks for the replies, I tagged the post so hopefully it helps someone else out. It’s impressive that the sensors are still operating within spec after nearly 20 years.