City, State
Willow Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Can anyone ID these codes for me:

P0455
C3825
U0C90

Pulled on the way to work this morning after CEL light came on. P0455 appears to be an emissions leak code, but the others I had no luck looking up.

Thanks in advance...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

P0455
Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (gross leak)

Could that one be due to the hole in my exhaust pipe?

This indicates a fuel vapor leak or lack of purge flow in the EVAP control system. It means a large leak has been detected. The (EVAP) emission control system prevents the escape of fuel vapors from a vehicle's fuel system. Fuel vapors are routed by hoses to a charcoal canister for storage. Later, when the engine is running a purge control valve opens allowing intake vacuum to siphon the fuel vapors into the engine.

SymptomsYou likely won't notice any drivability problems.

CausesA code p0455 most likely means one or more of the following has happened:

A loose or improperly affixed gas cap
A non-conforming gas cap (i.e. not factory/original brand)
Other leak or damaged piece in EVAP system
Possible SolutionsWith a p0455, the most common repair is to:

Remove and reinstall the gas cap, clear the codes, and drive for a day and see if the codes come back.
Otherwise, replace the gas cap, and/or
Inspect the EVAP system for cuts/holes in tubes/hoses (you may hear a vacuum noise or smell fuel), repair if necessary
Sources: B. Longo

Related P0455 Forum TopicsP0455
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee P1282, P0455
1999 Chevrolet Metro P0455
1999 Audi A6 P0441 and P0455
1999 Lincoln Continental P0455 error code
2001 Mitshubishi Montero P0455
P0455 & P0441 VW Passat 99
P0455 02 Jeep Liberty
2002 dodge caravan P0455 and P0422 and faulty gas gauge
P0455 code on a Dodge Caravan 03
1997 dodge stratus code p0140 p0141 p0455
1997 dodge stratus code p0140 p0141 p0455
2001 Dodge Caravan with Trouble Code P0455
P1135, P0455, P0140 errors on my 2000 Mazda Miata
wheres the evap system on a 2004 grand prix p0455
code P0455 dodge intrepid 2001
1999 Chevy Metro P0455
Mazda MPV 2000 error P0455
VAG16839 (P0455) EVAP GROSS LEAK - 2001 VW Cabrio
03 GMC Sierra P0455
03 GMC Sierra P0455 EVAP system (Large Leak) HELP!
codes OBDIT --P0455
2002 Dodge Grand Caravan - P01684, P0442, P0455, P0456
P0442 small & P0455 large evap emission control sys leak
2001 Dodge Grand Caravan - Codes 1684, P0442 & P0455
Need more help?If you still need help regarding this trouble code, please post your concern in the forums.

NOTE: This information is presented for information purposes only. It is not intended as repair advice and we are not responsible for any actions you take on any vehicle. All information on this site is copyright protected. If you want to share this article or information with others, please link to this page, don't copy and paste it elsewhere.

Makes sense. I installed a locking gas cap a few weeks ago. That's probably the issue. Thanks Al.

Anyone have any info on the other two codes?

Makes sense. I installed a locking gas cap a few weeks ago. That's probably the issue. Thanks Al.

Anyone have any info on the other two codes?

Sorry, I can offer no help with the other codes.

Good luck ....

Bump.

Annnnnybody?

Start smelling around for gas ;) The Evap canister is in the back on top of where the tire would sit. The next part to check is this valve that sits behind the driver's side headlight. Oh and also check the evap lines that run from back to the front of the vehicle.

I really don't think it's an issue. I've heard a lot about the locking gas caps causing the engine to throw codes because they're not stock, but there isn't any actual problem with a leak. The other two mystery codes have me curious, though. Unless all three are related. None have returned after I cleared it.

so seriously bro i just spent an hour and a half searchin for those 2 other codes... ( no joke) and where the hell did u get them from cuz i cant find any inclanation anywhere that they exist...

I got no hits on Google or ANYTHING with them. They were pulled using my Scangauge. Very strange.

I'm no longer concerned, however, because I found the problem. I went to gas up today, and my locking gas cap was loose and basically just resting over the hole rather than locked in place. So I have to keep an eye on it in the future to make sure it didn't just pop off and instead was loose because i didn't close it properly last time. Codes are cleared and they havent come back, so I think I'm OK.

Thanks for looking around for me though! :thumbsup:

ya not a problem bro, its just really strange that it would pull not 1 but 2 codes that there is no anything for anywhere u know.. oh well as long as all is well now...

I have 02 Explorer Sport that keeps throwing up P0456 code every time it rains. Anyone have any advise. Original gas cap on truck, thanks.

i get the same code 0456, i replaced cap do i have to reset code myself ? how do i do this?

With older vehicles you can reset the code by just unplugging your battery for a few minutes. I don't know if it is still that easy with OBD II systems though.

Back