wodahs

Reaction score
City, State
perth
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 aust ford explorer
i have a 2002 explorer 4.6l auto
went out and bought a sniper tuner for 2 other cars aswell as my x
havent used the sniper yet but thought start with the x today and bugger me cant find the vehicals obd plug to plug the sniper in to
looked in the engine bay
behind both kick pads
behind glove box as well as removing glove box
and up behind the steering wheel as well as removing panel under collum
and removed the panel around auto shifter center consol

so where did they hide it ??? :(

thanks for any help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On the 95-01 models aep atleast on mine it is below the steering wheel, behind a cover that pops off. Who know maybe same spot.

thanks
but as in the original post already checked there as had already heard this for earlier x's

so still looking :scratch:

might have to go get a manual :dunno:

Did you look just in front of the parking brake, right before the bottom edge of the dash trim?

thanks

my park brake is next to the seat in the center console behind th gear stick but yep did look there thats why i poped the cover from around the t bar auto to see if it was under the brake or in there

still open to more ideas :help:

hopefully some one will help me stumble over it

Here's an owners manual link for reference:

Dead Link Removed

Did you look just in front of the parking brake, right before the bottom edge of the dash trim?

had heard that it was ment to be up in there for a foot style park brake ( not center consol type )

Here's an owners manual link for reference:

Dead Link Removed

this manual shows more than the ones ive so far seen
my owner manual and all that i have sorced on the net or had sent to me on the net till now has not shown the foot style park brake and the area of it (may be not available on australian vesions so cross ref this area with mine (left side neer kick panel) nope not there

move all across to right hand drive side area for a look and bingo found it not where the foot style park brake ( if on the right side ) would be but :eek: further up by almost 3 inches and toward center by anouther two almost behinde the right switch area for the heater fan demister

thanks all

now to find a few hours spare to get the x in the shed and have a play with my sniper tuner :D

Didn't realize that you didn't have the foot style park brake, things can be so different between the left hand and right hand drive vehicles sometimes... glad you found it.

things can be so different between the left hand and right hand drive vehicles
Does this mean everything is bass ackwards on his vehicle? ;)

Back