• Register Today It's free!

odd tire problem

thor1701

Reaction score
City, State
fresno ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 EB
ok, on my truck when i bought it, it had one tire not the right size, wich was the front drivers, so i replaced it with the spare, wich is the same size as the other one's p255/70/r16, anyways now this spare looks the same size as the other one's, but when it sits on the wheel, it looks like it takes more room and when i drive and turn it scrapes on the fender or whatever its called, i have pics

DSC00835.jpg

DSC00834.jpg

DSC00833.jpg

DSC00832.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow, looks like the frame may be off or the alignment is way off,,

i am betting the front end has been hit once ?

im thinking so too, im hoping its not the frame, i'd have it checked out by a pro but right now im broker then broke at the momment, it drives fine, with only slightly pull to the left, when the other tire was on it pulled alot to the left, but i belive that was caused by the diffrient size, that one was a p255/70/r15

i bet the caster to that left wheel is way off , or a bent a arm, that is why it is tight, and pulls to the left,,
check the a arm first ,

any idea where i look? im afraid i dont know much about that area, the engine yes but the rest no lol

measure from the rear axle under the wheel center cap to the front axle nut under the center cap, and see how far off the drivers side is to the passenger side,,

Definately looks like bent suspension components.

Back