Oil Filter Location | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oil Filter Location

Bbs15

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST
Anybody have a picture of where the oil filter is? Can’t see it in any pictures so far.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Changing oil and filter will involve removing quite a few fasteners to lower the protective panels.

have a look here
OneDrive

Changing oil and filter will involve removing quite a few fasteners to lower the protective panels.

have a look here
OneDrive
Appreciate the pictures but still don’t know where the oil filter is. I thought I saw somewhere that you accessed the oil filter from the top. Maybe wrong but sure would like to know.

Same setup as the 2.7 EcoBoost on the F-series and Fusion Sport. My 2009 Cobalt SS Turbo has a similar filter setup.

Same setup as the 2.7 EcoBoost on the F-series and Fusion Sport. My 2009 Cobalt SS Turbo has a similar filter setup.
When you say similar,do you access it from the top or under the car?

When you say similar,do you access it from the top or under the car?

It's accessed from the top. You use a 1-1/16" socket to remove the plastic cap and lift the filter cartridge out on the 2.7 EcoBoost (which the 3.0 is based on).

It's accessed from the top. You use a 1-1/16" socket to remove the plastic cap and lift the filter cartridge out on the 2.7 EcoBoost (which the 3.0 is based on).
Thanks Metroplex, that’s what I was looking for.

Back