• Register Today It's free!

oil leak !

jm_vg

Reaction score
City, State
La Serena IV Región
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '94 XLT-2010XLT
You help boys again!!....Checking today my Explorer, I found an oil leak in the shape of drop of oil that was hanging from the crankcase (oil pan ). I made a revision and noticed that all zone of the starter motor was wet in oil. Will it be some seal or gasket broken of the crankcase? From where will the drop come from oil? :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rear main oil seal ?? mine leaks ever so slightlly but where it collects is where the engine and transmission meet .could be a valve cover gasket has developed a leak and is dripping down the back side of the motor onto the starter houseing .

It could also be the bracket the oil filter screws onto.

Thanks Boggs for your help.!! Apparently that is what is happening . Is very difficult to get to the zone of cover of the valves? What must I do to arrive there?

Thanks RangerX, but apparently I find the oil filter's side dry. It is not noticed that it be humid in favor of oil. Where it is wet, is at the side where you find the starter motor. his is completely wet for oil!!

Back