• Register Today It's free!

OK how bout this one??!

gtpimp

Reaction score
City, State
Upstate, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer Eddie Bauer
instead of torsion flip, which i have done... why cant you just notch the key down one.. and put it in like that.. because i cant get the torsion screw back up there and to stay up there.. i drilled a hole in the key but it keeps slipping out when i try to screw it in about 1/4 the way... my truck is currently too low to get aligned and i need to put it up about 3/4 inch..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have read a post, the member said his bolt was all the way up and still not high enough on that side. He removed the bar and key, jumped a notch ( 1/6 turn) and claims now both sides even and both torsion bolts even. He wasn't trying to lower, just noticed it sat off level.Claimed it was this way from factory. Sooooo, this leads me to believe you might be able to do this. I think the adjuster bolt will be almost all the way up now. (will it bend?) Let us know how it worked.

I had to do this to my old Turbo Bravada. One side was off by a notch from the factory. Sitting at stock height, one bolt was cranked all the way in.

alright i think im going to try this method to lower my explorer...turn it 1/6th of the way and throw it back on there...why dont people do this instead of flipping the key? i dont think its very safe to flip your stock torsion key because there is no pre made hole for the bolt to fit in and im afriaid that if i dril a hole out it might be too much and go throught or crack or something... just my opinion

gtpimp said:
alright i think im going to try this method to lower my explorer...turn it 1/6th of the way and throw it back on there...why dont people do this instead of flipping the key? i dont think its very safe to flip your stock torsion key because there is no pre made hole for the bolt to fit in and im afriaid that if i dril a hole out it might be too much and go throught or crack or something... just my opinion

What do u mean on flipping the torsion keys i lowered the front of mine and i just took the bolts out and it lowered it 3 inches that way

Back