Opinions about Flowmaster Exhaust for 1st gen Ex? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Opinions about Flowmaster Exhaust for 1st gen Ex?

ChewieM16

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
I was thinkin about getting the Flowmaster Force II exhaust that Summit has to offer. Does anyone have this already? What do you guys think of it?

thanks guys!

-mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ive had mine on my 93 for about 2 weeks now and all i can say is i love it. i hesitated about 5 months in getting it b/c i was afraid it wasnt gonna be loud enough but when and when i finally got it i was a bit dissapointed b/c from the interior you can barely hear it. but then i got my friend to rev the engine while i was outside by the back exit and WOW! it sounds great!! it has a nice deep growl and was exactly what i wanted. and for 170 bucks? talk about a great deal! i got mine from summit racing too. i think if you get this you'll be pleased. ive also noticed an improvement in gas mileage. im not i havnt calculated how much but it seems to be between the 1-2mpg increase which is great added to the 3mpg i got just from adding the KKM. when i first got my X i was getting around 170 :confused: to the tank now i get about 250..go figure! that was off topic but anyway i think if you get it you'll love it also.

I had one on my '92 Sport for 5 years and loved it!! Best $ I had spent on that truck. I also noticed a slight increase in mileage, and a performance boost. Flowmaster claims about a 15hp increase, and I would agree. Granted, I didn't run it on a dyno, but I found I could take one of the hills near my house in 5th gear instead of 4th at a higher speed.

I'd highly recommend it!!

I've heard people talking about these Flowmasters. Not to sound like a dope ...but what are they and what do they do? Can I get one installed on a '94 XLT?
Will a regular muffler shop do it or do I need to go to a specialty shop?

flowmasters are mufflers... the force II system is catback...they are good and loud but not too loud on the inside....

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A FLOWMASTER? I SEE THEM LISTED IN SO MANY PROFILES. I'M ASKING BECAUSE MY MUFFLER(STOCK) IS GETTING READY TO GO. SO I FIGURED WHY NOT REPLACE IT WITH SOMETHING BETTER?

I also have had it on my 94 for almost a year. Been very happy.

A flowmaster, or any other high performance muffler, or exhaust system helps to increase air flow from your engine. Getting more HP, & performance out of an engine is all about air. The more air you can get into an engine(intake mods, superchargers etc) & the more air you can get out of the engine(exahust systems, headers hi flow cats, etc) the more HP you will get. A good muffler, or exahust system like the Flowmaster will let the engine breath better, & increase performance. 1 of these muflers will out perform a stock muffler any day, because the stock muffler has lots of little baffles inside it to restrict air flow. This is to cut doew on noise, & make the truck quiet. A good high flow muffler will also increase the loudness, & tone of your exahust. You will get a low rumble type of sound like a big V8 makes.

Any muffler shop can install these. Either the muffler only, or a complete cat back system like Flowmaster's force 2. Also a catback is named this beacuse it's a complete exhaust system that replaces the muffler, & all pipeing from the catiliac converter back.

Back