Optima Yellow Top and wire clean up *Pics* | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Optima Yellow Top and wire clean up *Pics*

Black Magic

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Street
I just got an Optima Yellow top. Durring the install I cleaned up my wireing. I had a 2 Gauge Ground ran from the Neg to the Frame. I wire wheeled the area before I bolted it to the frame and then sprayed ruberized undercoating over the area to prevent corrosion. This just helps to keep the entire electrical system clean with all the electrical crap I have in there. Also I ran a 4 Guage Pos over to a nice Rockford Distribution block that I use for lights and exterior power needs. It is mounted on the fender wall next to the battery.

You can see the three positive power wires for the truck from the factory and then I have the 2 Guage power on the right of the RF block going in to the truck for the audio/video and then the 4 guage on the left of the RF block going down and under for the distribution block.

battery_top_web.gif

battery_top_angle.gif

It's all so nice and clean the way I like it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can't link pictures from Tripod, it just says "Image Hosted by Tripod".

Originally posted by Hartman
You can't link pictures from Tripod, it just says "Image Hosted by Tripod".

yeah, the link in your sig is no good either.

i've seen the pics fine, since he posted. just 2 angles of the battery

yeah, the link in your sig is no good either.

What are you talking about. That link works.

Load the pictures individually and you'll see them. To do that you need to...

Right click on that picture
Click "Properties"
Copy the URL in that dialog box
Click "OK" or "Cancel" to close the box
Paste the link in your addy bar then hit enter

The picture should show.

Originally posted by Hartman

What are you talking about. That link works.

hartman, i didnt mean the link in your sig, i meant black magics :p

WHy does one have to go through all of this to see tripod pics?

Weird I look at them from three different locations. Home, Work, and Work and they show for me. I could understand home since that is where I load them from. But at work I am benind a very big Firewall and they work. Sometimes people complain that they do not see them and others have no problem. Elephino? I guess I will look into somewere else for posting.

Till then click here:

NO HERE!

nice. how do you like the HID's? are they a big improvement?

leenjen

The HID's are awesome! The picture's really do not do them justice. I need to try and get some different pictures. Like when it is foggy. I have a girlfriend that bought an Explorer just like mine only white, she fell in love with mine! (Oh on a side note I tried to get her to trade me doors then we could be Explorer Black and Whites!) The color is outstanding and Bright, the are the brightest! I love pulling into the Ford Dealer at night and asking the sales person a question. Then they are like what kind of headlights are those? I like to mess with them and say they are the stock HID's. They are like what? I tell them I think they were a dealer add on at the other shop in town. He He.

Back