Ordered 2013 Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered 2013 Limited

rautij

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been reading many posts on this site for a while now and am thankful for all the info I received. You guys are awesome!

I ordered a 2013 limited FWD Metrallic Grey on 9/12 and have still not heard about any update (I've contacted Cory) or recieved any VIN. Seems as though most people would have had their VIN's 4 weeks after order date. Does anybody know if there is any general hold up at the plant? I have a feeling that there's not and this is just me being super excited....My wife has told me that it has been like living with a husband with ants in their pants.

Really can't wait to get an update....and a special shout out to Cory who undoubetdly has tons of messages to go through and diligently responds to everyone as best she could...I'm sure I speak for everyoone on this forum in saying thank you.

Joe (Overly Excited!!!):D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...I ordered a 2013 limited FWD Metrallic Grey on 9/12 and have still not heard about any update (I've contacted Cory)...My wife has told me that it has been like living with a husband with ants in their pants.

Really can't wait to get an update....and a special shout out to Cory who undoubetdly has tons of messages to go through and diligently responds to everyone as best he could...I'm sure I speak for everyoone on this forum in saying thank you...
Thanks a lot of the huge compliments, Joe! Admittedly, my inbox has been a bit full lately. LOL My tracker doesn’t have a VIN for you, so tell your wife the ants in your pants aren’t gone yet. :D

Cory

So got some good news last week from Cory...Got a VIN...Thanks Cory!

Does anybody know if the estimated build date is the day the car starts in production or the date it was completed and rolls off the line??

So got some good news last week from Cory...Got a VIN...Thanks Cory!

Does anybody know if the estimated build date is the day the car starts in production or the date it was completed and rolls off the line??
You’re welcome, Joe! The estimated build date is the day it rolls off the line. :):thumbsup:

Cory

Any updates Cory??? Pins and needles here!!:D
Joe,

You’re still looking at the same production timeline. :thumbsup: My prediction: the window sticker URL should update around next Tuesday. Start checking then :):

Code:
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<Insert VIN Here>

Cory

****Update**** Window sticker showed up last Wed with a November 14 build date....any updates on where she is on the line or on possible delivery dates as of yet Cory?

****Update**** Window sticker showed up last Wed with a November 14 build date....any updates on where she is on the line or on possible delivery dates as of yet Cory?
rautij,

Good news! This is also what my tracker shows; it’s in production as I type. :D The ETA to the dealer won’t update until it’s in transit.

Cory

Great news....I think I'd be more excited if I new what production type I actually meant...LOL. Thanks again Cory!

Thanks for posting that greast window sticker link! I ordered my 2013 Blue explorer in October and it is due in on Dec 10th. GOt info from my salesperson about the and and found it was made last week in Chicago. Excited...thanks and congrats on your rig too!

Hi Cory, any updates on shipping yet???
There aren’t any updates in my tracker yet, rautij. :popcorn:

Thanks for posting that greast window sticker link! I ordered my 2013 Blue explorer in October and it is due in on Dec 10th. GOt info from my salesperson about the and and found it was made last week in Chicago. Excited...thanks and congrats on your rig too!
Splat25,

You’re welcome; congratulations on your new Explorer! :D Shoot me a PM with your order information and I’ll keep track of the latest status for you. Please be sure to include your order number + dealer name/state and/or VIN.

Cory

Alright, looks like we are in the home stretch. Dealer told me an ETA of Nov 28. Cory, is that what your tacker is telling you as we'll?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cory, any updates on the shipping info....dealer is not being very clear with me as they now seem to be non committal to the Nov 28th ETA. Thanks again for all your help.

Back