• Register Today It's free!

p0340 with p1666

yeahokay

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer EB 5.0
Ive searched all over the internet for the meaning of p1666 and cant really find anything. I have an occasioanl p0340 pop up with p1666. The first time I got these codes there was extremely rough idle with missfires so I replaced the camshaft position sensor and everything went back to normal and the code cleared. But occasionally the same p0340/p1666 comes back but the rough idle and misses do not.

Any ideas what exactly p1666 is?

P1666 Driver 3 Line 6 <-- no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FIP crankshaft sychronization.

Check if the crank pulley, harmonic balancer has spun out of time. The 3 piece design will allow for the trigger wheel part to migrate. Also clean the crank sensor

Thank you for the info I can look at that. I did notice after replacing the cam sensor it felt like timing add changed (retareded, is that safe to say these days?) a bit as it got a bit more sluggish on the throttle. Not bad just different than it was. So that tracks with what you are suggesting.

Also check your wiring. IIRC the CKP and cam sensor share some common wiring.

Thank you for the info I can look at that. I did notice after replacing the cam sensor it felt like timing add changed (retareded, is that safe to say these days?) a bit as it got a bit more sluggish on the throttle. Not bad just different than it was. So that tracks with what you are suggesting.
It's safe, just don't use the derogatory term "tranny".

My eyes are broken, it was never a p1666 it was p1633. Ive went through a ton of threads on this forum and checked my battery it is on its way out so Im going to replace it and hopefully both of these codes go away, if not the Alternator might have a slightly low output that might cause the p0340 as well.

I will report back after the battery replacement.

My eyes are broken, it was never a p1666 it was p1633. Ive went through a ton of threads on this forum and checked my battery it is on its way out so Im going to replace it and hopefully both of these codes go away, if not the Alternator might have a slightly low output that might cause the p0340 as well.

I will report back after the battery replacement.
Battery wasn’t good enough the alternator was bad got them but replaced and the code is finally gone.

Back