P219A CEL. Vapor Management Valve replaced after diagnostic at Ford Dealership - Not Resolved | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P219A CEL. Vapor Management Valve replaced after diagnostic at Ford Dealership - Not Resolved

Reaction score
City, State
Hamilton, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford XLT 3.5L V6
I have a Ford Explorer 2013 XLT 3.5L 4WD and had my water pump Installed by the Ford Dealership in Dec 2022 and 5 days after I picked up the vehicle the Check Engine light came on. The code was P219A. Took it back to the Dealership today and was told that I need a Vapor Management Belt. And that would cost $350 plus Taxes for the Install. I tried looking up Vapor Management Belt but could not find anything online. If anyone knows what a Vapor Management belt is would appreciate if you would point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Never heard of such a thing.. Hope somebody with more knowledge than myself chimes in. I'm curious as to what this is.. Did they give you a written estimate for this part ?

Never heard of such a thing.. Hope somebody with more knowledge than myself chimes in. I'm curious as to what this is.. Did they give you a written estimate for this part ?
They have not given me a written estimate. Just told me over the phone. Have to leave my Car at the dealership overnight as the Part will be in tomorrow morning.

I also have never heard of that item. Perhaps what they likely said was a Vapor Management Valve.

Peter
Hi Peter, They mentioned "Vapor Management Belt". I have also inquired from my mechanic and he didn't hear of it so he said he will call up the Ford Dealership and find out exactly what the part they need to install to clear the P219A code and he will relay the response to me.

No such thing as a vapor management belt. Maybe a vapor management valve or purge valve, but I believe that would set off its own code for an evap leak.

The P219A code refers to a bank 1 air/fuel ratio imbalance which would be on the firewall side of your engine

No such thing as a vapor management belt. Maybe a vapor management valve or purge valve, but I believe that would set off its own code for an evap leak.

The P219A code refers to a bank 1 air/fuel ratio imbalance which would be on the firewall side of your engine
Just confirmed with a Service rep at the Dealership that it is a Vapor Management Valve, she probably overlooked it and mentioned Belt. :rolleyes:. Hopefully that clears the code.

Thank you all for your Input. Much appreciated.

The thread title was corrected to indicate "Valve" in place of "Belt" for future Seach purposes.

Peter

Dropped my Car in 2 days ago to have the VMV (Vapor Management Valve) Installed. The dealership installed the part and Cleared the code, all in all took 15 min for the install and set me back $375. Driving on the Highway this morning the Check engine light is back on. Called the dealership and they say it happens when a VMV is installed and to get it back so they can clear the check engine light.
invoice.jpg

UPDATE:

Took my vehicle into the Ford Dealership as the CEL came on with the same code: P219A. After checking the vehicle, the Service advisor told me that the valve they installed was stuck open and mentioned that the VMV is learning and that if I get the CEL again it will go off in a couple of days. The Service Advisor also mentioned that it could be a 02 Sensor that's causing the CEL to come on with code P219A. I am sure they are just going to throw parts at my vehicle until they get to the source of the problem. The CEL came on a few days later and after three days its still on so I think I will take it to a Diagnostic center and have them thoroughly diagnose the issue providing me with documentation so I can get this fixed once and for all without spending a lot on replacing parts that were perfectly fine in the first place. Attached the following screenshots from my OBDII scanner:

obd11a.jpg
obd2b.jpg

This ever get resolved? I know someone else with the same issue.

This ever get resolved? I know someone else with the same issue.
If this post is for HammerTownDude, you may not get a reply. He was last seen here on March 1, 2023.

Peter

Back