• Register Today It's free!

Painted front Grill

Swartz22

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Lewis, WA: born Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
So finally got around to painting the front grill and side mirror covers the same color of the X, I swear the paint is spot on and I couldn't be any happier. Additionally I had remote start and ambient lighting installed. Front windows tinted, and only a few things left before I am finished for a while. Here are some before and after of the grill.

Before:

imagejpg5_zps6514d3be.jpg

After:

IMG_1086_zpsc09bf533.jpg

IMG_1087_zps7d3a0d71.jpg

Replaced all the lighting in the X with LED's except the second and third row lighting as I will have to send them off to be done. Overall I am glad I decided to paint it, now only the exhaust and the limited wheels left to get.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like how you left the two bars on the grille chrome. It accents it nicely. Other I think it would have been too much of the same color and everything would blend together too much.

My OEM body colored grill also has the two chrome pieces. They come like that from the factory.

About how much was the paint work? I have a scratch on my mirror cover that needs work and had a big patch of paint come off my grill on my wifes Limited and they are bothering me. Lol

About how much was the paint work? I have a scratch on my mirror cover that needs work and had a big patch of paint come off my grill on my wifes Limited and they are bothering me. Lol

For the grill and mirrors was around $350. I felt it was a great deal because of the fact I didn't pay for it because the shipping company bringing my X back from Germany damaged my door and the paint shop was able to buff it out so, I had them paint the grill and mirrors.

Back