Parking brake cable too short?

91exploreron37

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bartlett Tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Eddie Bauer
After installing a 4in lift on my explorer last week I had to disconnect the parking brake cable to get the rear axle to sit on the new leaf springs but when I went to reconnect the cable, it was an inch and a half too short. Is it beacuse I used arched springs instead of a SOA conversion but anyway Is there anybody that sells a longer cable?
I was thinking about using some galvanized steel cable from home depot but just wanted to run it by here first to see if there's an actual replacement.

After installing a 4in lift on my explorer last week I had to disconnect the parking brake cable to get the rear axle to sit on the new leaf springs but when I went to reconnect the cable, it was an inch and a half too short. Is it beacuse I used arched springs instead of a SOA conversion but anyway Is there anybody that sells a longer cable?
I was thinking about using some galvanized steel cable from home depot but just wanted to run it by here first to see if there's an actual replacement.

Which side is too short? The driver side was too short on mine but when I rerouted it outside that guide on the left rear frame rail, it was fine. Before I did this, I bought some brake cables from a F150 but didn't need them.

Rob

the long one the drivers side. When I first installed the body lift it just barely reached but now it doesnt reach at all. I wound up just using some cable though.

Back