Parts Truck Help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Parts Truck Help

WizardOfOdds

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Explorer
Hey guys, I have a '92 X... A buddy of mine has a '93 with a cylinder with no compression so he is just going to scrap it. Anyways, he is letting me take whatever I want off the truck before he gets rid of it. The body on my truck is in rough shape but switching the engines over is out of my league and I don't feel like paying hundreds of dollars to switch engines (as the body on the 93 is really good)

Just wondering, is there any differences between the 92 and 93 (such as parts that will not fit a 92 from a 93)...

Here's a couple of things I was planning on grabbing...

Fenders (Mine are in bad shape near the back of the wheel wells)
Doors (Mine are really rusty at the bottom)
MAF sensor
Speakers (a couple of mine are blown)
A few engine parts (He already has one cylinder head off which I make take, alternator, startor, ect...)
Driver Seat (Mine has a big tear in it)
The auto hubs and wheel bearings (my bearings are going)
A/C compressor

I would just take the whole truck but I live in an appartment building and have no where to store it.

Can you guys list some more things I can take, and what things will/will not fit a 92 explorer? Thanks

The '91-94 Explorers are effectively the same vehicle with some small differences, the biggest of which is the braking system. '91 and '92 had the RABS (rear antilock brake system), while the '93-94 had the full 4 wheel ABS system.

You should be able to use just about every part on the truck.

Oh ok, Thanks... I thought as much but just wanted to be sure so I don't waste tons of time :p I'm not too worried about the brakes because I just put on new brakes all around a few months ago. Thanks, made my day =)

Back