passenger door not unlocking | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

passenger door not unlocking

cab58

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 ford explorer XLT
I have a 2013 explorer and started having problems with the passenger door not locking. It will not lock with the passenger door , driver door control or remote. Any suggestions on where to start would be helpful.

Welcome to the Forum cab58.:wave:
Is your issue "unlocking" as in your thread subject or "locking" as in your post? It would be helpful if you added the "trim" level (Base, XLT, etc.) to your profile so it shows in the margin since features can differ.
Will it lock/unlock manually? Does it lock/unlock when you use the Securicode touch pad?

Peter

Its an XLT the passenger door will not lock or unlock with any of the controls. I was able to get the door unlocked by pulling the lock post up on the door. I don't think the linkage is broken inside the door because I was able to manually unlock it. I haven't pulled the door panel off yet to check for sure and didn't want want to go there if I don't have too. I don't hear anything trying to work when I push the lock/unlock buttons which makes me think its electrical.

I agree. Since there seems to be only one fuse labelled as being for "locks" I'm guessing the issue is likely with the electrical actuator/module inside the door.

Peter

Back