peripheral bass blockers (need help installing) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

peripheral bass blockers (need help installing)

Casey C

Reaction score
City, State
Butler, PA, USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 ranger
I went to my local audio store to buy some bass blockers for my door speakers. I boughtthese (the blue ones) and there's no instruction on installation! do I wire these to my positives or my negatives or both?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If they are like the normal bass blockers... they go on the positive side only.

just wondering what is the purpose of a bass blocker? I mean my opinion here wouldnt you want to have bass? There again though thats what i like. My friend has them and told me that they prevent your speakers from blowing out. true?

Originally posted by Explorer94GV
just wondering what is the purpose of a bass blocker? I mean my opinion here wouldnt you want to have bass? There again though thats what i like. My friend has them and told me that they prevent your speakers from blowing out. true?

your 6x8 or "mid range" speakers should only have mid bass going through them... tweeters should have no bass goign through them... if you dont have an amp to do this, or don't have crossovers that came with the tweeters, you can by the blockers and they do the same thing... if you too much bass going through those speakers.. they will blow....

If you look at the frequency rating of your speakers (5x7 or 6x8) they normally do not play really low. If you can take away some of the lower bass your speakers will sound better and play louder. This is why you are seeing more head units with built in crossovers.

ok so basically it protects your speakers if you are only running them off the hu.?

Originally posted by Explorer94GV
ok so basically it protects your speakers if you are only running them off the hu.?

No. Basically protects your speakers no matter what.. HU or amp..

Back