Pickle 2.0 - Full Width SAS/SOA 4406 swap | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pickle 2.0 - Full Width SAS/SOA 4406 swap

Well.. once again I've caved in to peer pressure.. you guys are a bad influence!!!

I've decided that this summer will see me do an Electric shift 4406 conversion aswell as a full width SAS/SOA conversion.

Now, I've been offered the entire front end from a 79 bronco for $400 or the entire from end from an 89 Ramcharger for $100...

My intentions are to use coil springs and RAs up front not leaf springs,

So which Dana 44 will be best? Can I put the spring seats on the Dodge axle? The Dodge set up comes with the vacuum set up, but I'll be switching to an elec locker at a later date anyway.

The cost is not the issue, I want to use the correct stuff first off,

Si

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll be dealing with the same issues once I get started on my SAS, V8,C6, 1356 manual case swap. All new angles and lengths for everything. Lol.

I still haven't started on my 4406 e-shift in my sport but after doing the manual version in my mountaineer im not at all worried about the electric version fitting, its gonna be tight but I would say if the tank needs to be moved back it may only be an inch or two,

well, hurry up so I can see how much I need to do mine!! haha - j/k...

I've still gotta get the arms, upper suspension parts, driveshafts, and front gears...

Si

Im waiting to see what you do with that new part you posted in the other thread

Rear axle has been done - just needs the perches setting up...

5.13s, Locker, truss

Si

Attachments

• axle.jpg
    axle.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 179

So... we ran into a slight problem with the tone ring.. now looking for another carrier with the narrow pin... must have the tone ring in tact...

Si

Back