Reaction score
City, State
san rafael, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 sport, 90gt
i know im not the only person who hates the pin stripes

if you have removed yours post a pic!

and how did you do it?

i was thinking blow dryer but im not sure.

:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Used a blow dryer.. It was a 10 minute mod. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• nopin.jpg
    nopin.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 339

I let my truck sit in the sun one day, and it got hot enough.

looks great, i gotta do it when the weather gets nicer :)

Blow dryer works. A real warm day. A hot light works too. I happen to own a heat gun though.

Im in agreement with the pinstripes. I had green shanty striping on my ride and i hated it from the day i had it. i pulled it in the garage and turned up the heat to about eighty and let it warm up. When it was done, and the metal was warm i just slipped a razor under the end of one of the stripes and got enough up to start working it off. just move nice and slow with a smooth pulling action. if you get into a rut in your work, youll be surprised at how fast it comes off. :thumbsup:

Definately leave it on a 2 tone paint job. If you think Ford did a quality job lining the 2 colors up, your gonna be investing in some new stripes.

Hi mikeresin:

I just waited for a hot day. Since my Ex is black, it came off easily. Sorry, but I don't have a pic yet.

Regards,
John.

Yeah two tone wouldnt be a good idea to pull them off...

I could pull the stripes off mine and not be able to notice anything from a few feet away, however the doors are really off so it still wouldnt look right at all. At least with the tan stripes it matches the bottom paint.

Front left door
stripes004.jpg

Back left dent were you can see how well the two tone paint was done
stripes001.jpg

Back right door
stripes006.jpg

pin stripes

We replaced my drivers side rear quarter panel and I had to take the new panels stripes off since they were tan and I have grey pinstriping. I just started pulling, worked like a charm! ;) :roll:

i think imma do this tomorrow when i wash my car for the first time this year!! (myself, i've washed at the local DIY pressure wash at least 15 times)

Brandons, i like your truck, i've got that exact same paint job on my 92 xlt, i also noticed that the paint is uneven between the doors, i don't have any dents (yet) *knock on wood*

Brandons and 92explorer that paint job looks sweet with a black solid stripe. Don't beleive me take some electrical tape to check it out.

1996Limited, yeah i think ill try that out and see what i think, thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah i may try it out too :D thanks too

i was actually wondering the best way to get rid of the stripes. my truck is tan and the stripes are a redish pink. it looks terrible

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone have a black 2nd gen with them removed? I have silver on there now and have to admit I kinda like 'em. BTW a power washer removes them too ;) Atleast part on my rear door.

Back