Pine Barrens/South Jersey run | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pine Barrens/South Jersey run

Best date

• Friday Feb 8th

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Saturday Feb 9th

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Sunday Feb 10th

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Any information on that push bar type thing that mounts right below the bumper? Looks perfect with the lower valance removed.

Pine_Barrens_02-03-08_-_15.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's Aaron's rig (V8BoatBuilder). Shoot him a PM.

See those 3 guys at the top of the pic you posted? it's right behind that dune they're in front of. you can see a little bit of it off to the right.

:scratch: Does this mean the entire pit area (where most of the pics are) is off limits? :confused:

:scratch: Does this mean the entire pit area (where most of the pics are) is off limits? :confused:

That's what we were told. :rolleyes:

Despite the tire tracks, bonfire remains, etc etc in the pit. We were only allowed to stay on the 10 foot wide or so "trail".

Andy's first pic shows the "difference" between the trail and the pit, the trail is on the left (with the most concentrated tire tracks) and the pit is on the right.

After seeing these photos, I'm contemplating fighting the ticket. Before I do though, how can we DEFINITIVELY find out if the trail IS legal?? Thoughts? Ideas?

Andy's first pic shows the "difference" between the trail and the pit, the trail is on the left (with the most concentrated tire tracks) and the pit is on the right.

After seeing these photos, I'm contemplating fighting the ticket. Before I do though, how can we DEFINITIVELY find out if the trail IS legal?? Thoughts? Ideas?

Aaron, what about all the info you took down from the signs. Anything in there?

Oh here's some liberal hippie tree huggin **** for ya....

http://www.frmc.org/

"The Forked River Mountain Coalition is a grass-roots organization working to conserve, maintain, protect and restore the natural, cultural, historical, recreational and other resources of the Forked River Mountains. "

Well looking @ the pictures it would seam the entire pit area would/could be part of the trail. Obviously if you were to fight this I would obtain pictures of the trail area to show the clerk/judge the area is wide open and not clearly marked. I would avoid showing any pictures with lifted vehicles or vehicles covered in mud as they would negatively impact your case.

Ok, So who is up for going back and taking pictures!!??

I already paid my ticket. :\

i sent my payment out today,instead of tryin 2 figure out how 2 do it over the phone

I'm not going to waste the time to try and fight it so ill pay it eventually, the tickets arent due till march 9th anyway. BTW I know I told all you guys before but thanks to all of you again for putting this together and helping an Xplodr when its down, MY TRUCK JUST WON'T DIE ARRON!!!

And now that I have Came, Seen, Drowned, and Conquered... I know what to expect for next time :p: un-doubtedly you will see me again!!!

Update: My cluster lights are working again... and I didn't do anything at all to them... just turned on my rig tonight and they started... haven't had time to change fluids but doing so on thursday... and hopefully I can fix everything thats not working right.

any1 ever been to this place??
Paragon Adventure Park (PA)
Located in northeastern Pennsylvania, Paragon offers off-road adventures to a wide spectrum of 4x4 vehicles -- from enjoyable, stock-friendly, guided trail riding to hardcore rock-crawling. Directions, maps, and contact info here.

and there is a few in maryland that are legal but kinda far,dont really know how far of a drive any1 is up for

here is the link to paragon
http://4wheeldrive.about.com/gi/dyn...ip_&tt=14&bt=0&bts=1&zu=http://paragonap.com/

hey guys by any chance did any of you look on google earth of site x,cause that place is huge and there is alot of open pits,its ashame we cant go "off the trail"

Paragon is fun but i think the park has since been closed down.. might want to check on that.

and yea, googleearth or maps.live site-X... i've been wheeling there since i was 17, it's an awesome place to go. that's why those tickets have me confused :mad:

John, Paragon is the place Andy and I were talking about Sunday that got shut down to open an airport or some garbage. Last I heard they had re-opened on a smaller tract of land, but that it wasn't even close to what it once was.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Even I bottomed out a lot at RC. I sometimes wish I had a Sport for the shorter wheelbase. My underside of my truck took a BEATING at Rausch.

Back