• Register Today It's free!

Poly Bushings

Harry5150

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Clarita, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Dodge Durango Limited
Does anyone know where I can find a poly bushing kit in the So. Cal. area for a 97 2WD Sport? I'm putting Warrior shackles in and would like to change/install them all at once.

I've tried Dick Cepek and 4wheel Parts Wholesale, they weren't much help. I've looked around on the web w/ no success. All I can find are universal swaybar bushings.

Could I use the relevant parts from a 4WD kit? Or does anyone know the specific bushings or specs I would need so I could put together a "kit"?

Thanks,
Harry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Harry,

It has been a few years but there is/was a shop in MV on Via Fabricante, Pick-up Parts. The owner was named Jerry and could get just about anything.

Also I can not remember the name but there was a urathane/poly shop in San Clemente that did bushings.

Lastly try Energy Suspension.

Best regards.
hg

------------------
'91 EB, 4dr, 2wd

ok guys here is a question for you. As far as I know, and as much as I have searched, no one makes a Poly kit for a '99 sport. Now what I was thinking, is can I just find out the dimensions, and the size of the existing rubber bushings and buy the each separatly? Do they sell them that way? I am talking, stablilzer, radius arm, the whole nine yards. Anyone know where I can get the dimension info, or where i can buy them separately? Thanks in advance,
Jason

------------------
'99 Sport SOHC Auto
K&N FIPK, Borla Exhaust
Bosch 4+'s, Lowered 2 inches,
Eldebrock shocks,
Sony Mobile Es head unit,
Sony 1/2 din Equalizer,
10 disc ES cd changer,
6 disc MD changer,

Hey Jason,

Don't spend too much time trying to fabricate bushings for stabilizer, radius arm, and rest of the whole nine yards. Those nine yards belong to the earlier models. Your '99 doesn't have any of those to put bushings on. That may be an excellent reason you are having trouble finding a kit for one... Dead Link Removed

Just trying to save you a little time and effort... Dead Link Removed

------------------
Gerald
"Nerves of Steel; Brain of Chipmunk"
----------
'99 Eddie Bauer 4x4 4.0L SOHC
Current mods listed in my Explorer Registry posted 07/08/99
Dead Link Removed "What the heck is he doing out here in that thing?"

[This message has been edited by GJarrett (edited 02-23-2000).]

I am not sure I understand what you are saying? I know I can get the poly bushings for my rear stabilizers, I called exploerer express and they said they dont make them because it would be too stiff? I may be confusing something? I am just a novice, I am still learning alot of things, and alot of the lingo. What do you mean my truck doesnt have them? Just wondering. any help would be appreciated.
jason

------------------
'99 Sport SOHC Auto
K&N FIPK, Borla Exhaust
Eldebrock shocks,
Sony 1/2 din Equalizer,
10 disc ES cd changer,
6 disc MD changer,

We may just be talking semantics here. If you mean anti-sway bars for stabilizers, yes you have those. But I can guarantee you that there isn't a radius arm on your vehilce.

ok well maybe I just have the wrong lingo. I did meen anti sway bar bushings. My bad, but I guess I am confused with this radius arm thing. what is a radius arm. I assumed it was what holds your wheel onto the chassis? I know whatever that is, has rubber bushing, and I wondered if they could be replaced? I kinda learned about cars on my own, self taught, I guess I didnt do a good job of it. Thanks, Jason

------------------
'99 Sport SOHC Auto
K&N FIPK, Borla Exhaust
Eldebrock shocks,
Sony 1/2 din Equalizer,
10 disc ES cd changer,
6 disc MD changer,

Well, no bad, just two names for the same part. As far as the radius arm goes, Ford changed the front suspensions of Explorers in 1995 and went to an IFS ("Independent Front Suspension") that utilizes torsion bars instead of the previous 91-94 models front suspension design that was totally different.

When you hear people mentioning radius arms on this site, they are referring to a part of the earlier suspension design. Yours doesn't have it because it is not part of the design of your newer Explorer. Just like you don't have a carbuerator because you have fuel injection instead. You can ignore the info about radius arms just the same as you can ignore info on how to fix your carbuerator. It just doesn't apply to you.

Hope that makes it clearer.

ok yeah I understand now, I knew what you said, but like I figured it was just mixed up lingo. So now that I have things somewhat cleared up. What can I change on my explorer to poly. Like I said, I know from inspecting my truck that there are rubber bushings on what I think is call the Control arm? I dont know if thats what its called. But can they be replaced? I am talking about the part that attaches to the chassis. Will this make a difference? I am trying to get the best street handling out of my truck as possible. I am not really a offroader, but I love having a truck,a nd love explorers this is my second one. But I still love speed and good handling, I guess I am trying to get the best of both worlds. SO can I replace these bushings? how about body mounts? will that help at all? I want he best I can get, without doing anyting really major. Thanks for you help, and listening to my babble.
THanks again,
Jason

------------------
'99 Sport SOHC Auto
K&N FIPK, Borla Exhaust
Eldebrock shocks,
Sony 1/2 din Equalizer,
10 disc ES cd changer,
6 disc MD changer,

Could you be talking about the sway bar end pin? they have rubber brushings on them ...
yes they can be replaced if we are talking about the same thing.. one of mine fell off completely and I replaced it at a local Midas shop....ahhh bad news....one of the rubber brushings cracked and I finally had it replaced by a "ford" part which is more desirable....in fact..they wouldn't even pass my truck for inspection unless it was on there..

[This message has been edited by ExplorerEB96 (edited 03-05-2000).]

Back