Post Pics of 2nd Gen's w/ 3rd Gen Wheels | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post Pics of 2nd Gen's w/ 3rd Gen Wheels

Im interested in getting a set of 3rd gen wheels/tires to put on my 2nd gen. I only recall ever seeing ONE 2nd gen with the wheels im talking about,
(These wheels):
DanLongwit17F150wheels.jpg

Im also thinking about getting them painted black also, to go with my murdered look....

(I dont have the money to get 18's or 20's like id like to get, and im a fan of the 3rd gen wheels, and it seems like theyd look good on mine)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You know, I saw a set of 4th gen wheels on Craigslist for $100 (yeah all 4) and they looked GOOD. I'm kinda kicking myself for not scooping them up. But I wasn't sure if they'd look right on my 2nd gen or if they'd even fit.

I still should have bought those damn wheels. :mad:

Someone on here has a green explorer w/ an FX4 decal and 3rd gen wheels..I can't remember who it was but it looks really good.

Those are stock wheels on that sport trac not 3rd gen wheels. The problem with 3rd gen wheels on a 2nd gen is the backspacing they will most likely rub extremely bad as they have more backspacing to them. If you like that style wheel just find 1st gen sport trac wheels as they have the same backspacing as 2nd and 3rd gen sport Explorers.

mountaineergreen is the person with those wheels on a 2nd gen.

Those are stock wheels on that sport trac not 3rd gen wheels. The problem with 3rd gen wheels on a 2nd gen is the backspacing they will most likely rub extremely bad as they have more backspacing to them. If you like that style wheel just find 1st gen sport trac wheels as they have the same backspacing as 2nd and 3rd gen sport Explorers.

In my eyes, a sport trac is a 3rd gen, but the wheels look basically exactly like that...

The 3rd gen wheels really wouldnt fit though!?

corkey has 3rd gen wheels in his 2nd gen IIRC....

Nevermind then :p:

Damnit guys im sorry LOL.

I didnt think there would be any fitment issues :(

3rd gen wheels on 2nd gen ex

Yes there is a rub on the front with the 3rd gen wheels with stock size tires, so I purchase some spacers (1.5) from 4wheelparts and that took care of it.

my ex with new wheels

reystruck.jpg

reystruck2.jpg

reystruck3.jpg

reystruck4.jpg

woah them be some shiny big wheels ya got there

Back