Post your WTB Aerostar parts here. | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post your WTB Aerostar parts here.

Do you know the year of the Aerostar that it came from?

I can't remember. Unsure if it was written on the side or not. For some reason though, I keep thinking 89.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Question my front turn single lens are different colors. The driver side is simi clear. The passenger side is tinted dark yellow?

The dark yellow lens is for the older models without aero headlights. You should have yellow/clear lenses on both sides. The headlight door is wider on the dark yellow lens than on the yellow/clear lens.

Food door lock paw left side

Hello I'm Robert and most know because I joined the group 2 weeks ago with a 94 awd and it had some bugs for a 94 there were only 5. Well my driver side door lock did not work. Pulled it apart and the broken plastic paw was broken. No one sold this part I thought. Went on line and auto scab stores. Orileys said the only way was $40. And it came with new cylinder. Nfg so an old thread told me about clips and fasteners.com well they wanted $8.00 for 1 I said BFB so I bought it. Today I received my package and for $8.00 when they said 1 it was 1 bundle I received 10 door lock paws. I'm keeping an extra and using 1 so I have 8 extras. They only fit the left door cylinder for the power door lock but it problem works with out pdl. It clips to the back of the cylinder so the key moves the rod up and down. If you need one email me and you can have one. There were 3 guys that been helping me the last 2 weeks you know who you are you get first dibs if you need it.

The temporary repair that I made a while ago on the wiper motor cam wasn't working so well today. I tried tightening the bolt & lock washer but it didn't work. A large diameter fender washer was added under the lock washer & bolt which seemed to work. Now, for the first time in 10 years which I had to van, the wipers park when it shuts off without having to move them manually. The wiper module wasn't bad as I previously suspected. There was probably a small amount of play since the cam was worn.

On a side note, I discovered that black pan head 1 1/2" Wall Dog screws from Home Depot work well on the plastic cover under the wiper arms.

1. Plastic screw on latches for the doors. They move when you open the door. You push them down to lock them. I think that they are the same for all years.

2. Upper plastic air cleaner box cover for the 93 with a 4.0L. It has 3 tabs to keep the cover on. I think the 4.0L box covers would fit from different years as long as it has the MAF design.

3. Driver's side lower seat belt latch with the bolt, and the small plastic bolt cover disc. Either the dark gray or the light gray. All years should be the same.

4. Fuse panel cover for a 95-96. Some other years might fit too. A picture is in this link: http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223072

5. The sliding door has a row of contacts which meet contacts on the body of the vehicle. I need the ones on the sliding door. The single contact model is F69Z-14A658CA, and dual contact model is F69Z-14A658AA. I think I need the single ones, but I could probably use either. They are a rubber grommet with a small metal tab in them. All years should be the same.

6. The 95-96 gray interior has pop in trim rings where the rear seat belt strap comes out. Maybe other years might have the same thing.

7. The gray plastic door switch panels with the window, and door switches. A picture is in this link: http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223072

8. The 2 license plate light bulb covers on the rear hatch. All years should be the same.

9. Plastic fuel filter cover on the 89. I think it might be on the 86-89 models.

10. Front hood light with the mercury switch. All years should be the same.

11. Glove box interior light with the switch for a 95. I think that all years might be the same.

12. Brake pedal rubber cover. All years are the same.

13. Under the dashboard corner lights (courtesy lights) for a 95. I think that all years might be the same.

14. Radio knobs on the rear controls of a 95-96. They look like the regular small knobs on a radio. I think that all years might be the same.
Is this what you need for your personal van. You need the factory radio to use this correct .

image.jpeg

Ok if you need it I would pull it and give it to you my van came with an aftermarket radio

If you go to the junk yard for the van, please take a look to see if you could get the plastic hose with rubber ends that goes from the washer tank to the spray nozzles. Some place that I went to for an inspection stole my hose while it was up on his lift.

The Aerostar I dug around on had rubber hose from the washer tank, to a T splitter, then more rubber hose to each washer nozzle.

Kent, does the junkyard still have that Aerostar? The part on the sliding door which says lock/unlock under the interior handle broke on my 1988 van. The part should be the same for any year.

Do you need just the sliding knob? It's held onto the door by white plastic that is riveted on. I broke out the white plastic to see the backside of the knob. Left it in the junkyard though. Didn't want to get just the sliding knob if you needed that whole mechanism. The whole mechanism was also riveted on.

The part that broke on mine was the metal arm with the plastic rectangle cover for locking & unlocking the sliding door.

I did a search on EBay for the arm which connects to the front wiper motor, and saw a few listed for a Ranger & F150 pickups but nothing for the Aerostar. Those parts looked the same, and might work but I don't have a part number to compare.

Hello! I have had a longbody Aerostar for 6 months now,without the rear bumper. I feel like they might be unobtanium but I would like to know if anyone has one to part with, or even part of the three piece set? I was going to make one out of wood and resin but I would like to exhaust any options that there might be.

Hello! I have had a longbody Aerostar for 6 months now,without the rear bumper. I feel like they might be unobtanium but I would like to know if anyone has one to part with, or even part of the three piece set? I was going to make one out of wood and resin but I would like to exhaust any options that there might be.
The bumper and cover can still be found new, a good used one would be a lot cheaper. http://www.cbumpers.com/detail.php?...emp_PartsLink=FO1100185&MAKE=Ford&MODEL=Aeros

I don't know you have to contact them. I looked at the photo unpainted it looks like my 94 awd van. Even has holes and grove for trim. I don't think they sell the sides. What is an extended bumper. I thought all these are covers the bumper is welded to the frame as a support brace.

The part that broke on mine was the metal arm with the plastic rectangle cover for locking & unlocking the sliding door.

I made a quick trip today, and snagged the piece that I left in the yard. I'll add a pic of it when I get back home.

Thanks! Another part broke. It's the gray plastic clip that the sun visor snaps into. It's connected with one screw. I've tried using glue one time but it didn't last. My 3D pen seemed to make a good repair the second time but it might be a good idea to have a different part as a back up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That part will have to wait until the next trip.

You should try 2-part epoxy "Plastic Welder". I used some on some headlight covers. Some idiot oil change guy dropped my hood closed from half open. Broke one of the covers, but it broke in another place, and the repaired area was still fine.

Back