power in the console | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

power in the console

i am thinking about runnin a #6 fused power cable into my console to a 6 way distribution block to power a few lights and accesories instead of having to run approx 12 wires off my battery... has anyone else used there center console like this? seem's pretty simple to cut a hole in it and feed the wire thru the engine bay to the rear heat duct that runs under the console? it's a nice central location and fairly water resistant. opinion's?

Did this in my 89 Bronco. It has a larger area to put things in and I used a power distribution block. Check my superford pictures in my sig for a good shot of it and the model number.

just finished up the install tonight... fished the #6 hot into the console thru the floor heat duct... what a nightmare :mad:

got a 4 way dist block feeding power now to my extra backup light and 2 rock light's... going to power the CB and some other stuff out of it too... as a bonus there was even room to screw my relays on the back slanted part in the console so everything tucks in there nice...

got ambitious and pulled some #18/4 securex to the console as well so i can setup the in cab winch control's.... fun lil project but what a PITA.

Back