Power Outlets - Are they Switched? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power Outlets - Are they Switched?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2017 Platinum apparently shuts off ALL my USB and "cigarette lighter" outlets after a few minutes. I find this highly annoying. Is there any way to keep at least one of these outlets hot all the time?
Thanks

My 2017 Platinum apparently shuts off ALL my USB and "cigarette lighter" outlets after a few minutes. I find this highly annoying. Is there any way to keep at least one of these outlets hot all the time?
Thanks

If you are pretty good with computers and stuff, check out a Program called Forscan. It allows you to change settings for a lot of things. There is a power point time out setting you can adjust, I am just not sure of the perimeters it allows you to set. There is one here on this forum just search it and read up on it before you go to far.

I haven't checked mine as I don't use them, but the Power Saver program turns many powered features, except the parking lights, OFF after 10 minutes.

Peter

Thanks
Your thread was merged with this existing one.

Peter

My 30 minute timer is wrong as well. I am timing it right now. At over an hour. It may be related to battery voltage rather than a timer or both....either way it will shut off eventually.

Actually for someone who knows what they are doing it wouldn't be that hard to make it hot. Just snag the wire as it comes out of the BJB which is right by the battery, snip the end and run it right to the battery with an inline fuse.

I just verified that on my 2017 Platinum, all the power points (cigarette lighter) go off after right at 10 minutes when the ignition is off.

I've got a 2016 Platinum, the 12v plugs used to stay on for 1-2hrs ter shutoff. I replaced the battery, (with the recommended $220 battery), and now they shut off, after shutdown, when the door opens. Did anybody ever figure anything out on this?

I've got a 2016 Platinum, the 12v plugs used to stay on for 1-2hrs ter shutoff. I replaced the battery, (with the recommended $220 battery), and now they shut off, after shutdown, when the door opens. Did anybody ever figure anything out on this?
I'm not sure what to figure out but it seems that the power points do not stay ON for longer than what the Battey Saver Program allows which is 10 minutes.

Peter

Back