• Register Today It's free!

Power Steering cooler

Rosta97

Reaction score
City, State
Keene,NH/New Haven CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT
so in a freak accident(long story). the lines got ripped off my power steering cooler. the input line(i think) is still there. but the return line is gone, i only found a short piece of tubing on the ground, and dont see anywhere where the line could have gone. does anyone have a diagram or a picture as to where both hoses come from and go to? thanks for your help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In a standard setup, at least on my 4.0, the return line (or top line as it comes out of the cooler) feeds up to the resevoir bottom from behind. It's a standard hose with no special fittings.

ok i had it in reverse, i have that one hooked up, i assume the bottom one comes from the pump, but i dont even see the remains of a hose going to there

No clear picture in the Explorer Workshop manual but here it is.

Clipboard02.jpg

I also ran out and took come picks of my 04 for you. Hope it helps

IMG_4684.jpg

IMG_4685.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

i have where the bottom one goes, but i hate to ask you for more picture of the top one, i for the life of me cant figure out where that one goes. i would think it would go back to the pump as a return line but i cant even find where it would go if it were still there

nevermind i found it, thanks for your help guys

Back