Pro Comp or BfGoodrich | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pro Comp or BfGoodrich

I was womdering which is better for a size 31 tires Pro Comp All Terrain or Bf Goodrich All Terrain if anyone has theese tires i would like to hear there input and also if anyone knows where can I get a good deal on tires around the New Jersey areas or which company that has a catalog i can order (Jc Whitney, Summit, 4Wheel Parts Etc.)that has the best deal and cheapest prices on Tires and Tire Packages

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, i can assure you that your can going to get a unanimous vote for the BFG a/t ko's. if your comparing m/t's, i would definately go w/ the PC's. they are a great tire. i'm not sure how much on/off road you do, but i would look into the m/t's. as for wheel packages, pick up almost any 4wheeldrive magazine and you'll find at least 3 pictured adds w/ prices and special package deals. i prefer Peterson's 4wheeldrive for my magazine. just remember, you'll always get a better deal on the phone when you call and ask for prices.

Nope, not unanimous, I would go for the ProComps, cause I got them and they are cheaper ,look better than the BFGs and perform very well. I only have a 2wd, but those tires help out a whole lot in the traction department. went through some mud about 6-12 inches deep, and about 20 yards, and I didn't get stuck in the mud, and I am sure it was because of these tires. I think the ATs are cool too, and cheap. They also have a 50,000 mile warranty. I saw a thing in Four wheeler, I think, that had the ProComp AT's on a superduty which had a camper on the back. Not a topper, but a big camper which could sleep a few people. Anyways, the total weight on all the tires was over 10,000 lbs, and the rating for each tire was 2,500# I think, and they looked fine and they ran them for months and they claimed to have no problems with all that weight on them. But yeah go with the PC's either way. They are cheap and they are great tires.

i saw that article as well. they really seemed to beat those tires pretty good and they held up great. i just don't think they are that aggressive. what i meant by unamimous was, that from what i've from EVERYBODY on this sight is that their favorite a/t is the bfg. as for a m/t, everybody's got they're own opinion.

I can't vouch for the Pro Comp A/T but I can vouch for the PC M/T. I have a set on 35X12.50 and they work great. As a matter of fact on my last trip to Rubicon I had to run the section from Buck Island lake to rubicon springs in two wheel rear low and forgot I wasn't in 4 wheel drive.They can also be lowered to about 10-8 PSI without popping a bead.
The other tire You might want to look at is the Bridgestone Duelers. I had a set on for three years and they also worked great. They are also more street friendly.
Hope this helps
Tom FAKRWEE

One Word

BFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back