• Register Today It's free!

Problem with Buzzing

DaSovietPotato

Reaction score
City, State
Cheyenne, WY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Eddie Bauer
For whatever reason I get a buzzing which sounds like it is coming from the rear end whenever the RPM is at about 2,2k. The buzzing appears to be coming from the same side as the exhaust. The buzzing promptly disappears above or below the given RPM, and my only guess is that it has something to do with the exhaust mountings.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is ripm while moving, not stationary ?
buzzing or loud whining?

For whatever reason I get a buzzing which sounds like it is coming from the rear end whenever the RPM is at about 2,2k. The buzzing appears to be coming from the same side as the exhaust. The buzzing promptly disappears above or below the given RPM, and my only guess is that it has something to do with the exhaust mountings.
could be. under load or little/no load? speed have anything yo do with it? i will say my sohc drones at 2.5, sometimes they can sound similiar, but its unlikely

I notice it the most when driving but I have not noticed any difference with load or with speed. It seems to appear the most on the highway, but that is when the motor is normally around the 2,2k range.

sounds like exhaust "drone" or "resonance" in the cab? Could be loose exhaust or just par for the course

I did some additional testing today, and I believe that the buzzing originates somewhere in the interior as I could not hear anything from the outside.

Back