problem with tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

problem with tires

I was wanting to get some BFGoodrich All-Terrain 31x10.5 15s on stock EB rims for 93 Ex and the local tire shop said they could not put larger sized tires on any Explorers. Has anybody else run into this problem, and what are my options? My buddy just had his Grand Cherokee's tires replaced with the 31x10.5 15 All-Terrains and he was upgrading from a 235.7515 as well, also done at the same shop. What's the deal?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take it to another shop, or take the rims to the shop without the truck. Fallout from the Firestone thing, many online retailers need to be lied to to sell you rims and tires for Xs.

i ran in to the same prob..no where in town will put them ON the explorer itself..but they will moun them on the rim's and i will put them on the truck myself..but you may not be able to leave the X on jackstand's and get the tires done..but that's what im goin gto have to do..not a prob for me tho

Yeah, I can't just put it on jackstands, I'm off at college and park on the street. I don't even have jackstands. I don't really have any other good ideas.

I tried to get larger tires at one point from goodyear... this was when I knew very little about cars in general. They said that you could only put one size tire on the stock rims.... damn was I a moron back then =/ But hey, the Michelin M/S I had were great.

Back