Project Iceberg... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project Iceberg...

I picked up a minty 94 Mazda Navajo 4.0L auto 4x4. It is the LX package so pretty nice setup with the sunroof and PO had remote start installed. Plans for this rig is test mule for SAS kit I designed and made with my CNC. Truck is getting.

XJ Dana 30 4.88 with Detroit Truetrac
8.8 4.88 disc brake conversion and modified factory limited slip
Custom solid axle swap kit
Spring over rear with anti wrap axle perches
14 inch travel shock front and 12 inch rear
Custom winch bumper with Superwinch
Cut in rockers with step(rockers are rusting through on driver side)
Custom rear bumper with tire carrier like Mercs bumper
Heim steering
Flowmaster mufflar (sounds wimpy now)

20130914_185518_zps1e0392d0.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First thing I did was get the spring over done in the rear, always helps keep me motivated to do the easy part first that way I can look at it and kinda get an idea what I have to look forward too. I made antiwrap perches with some 2.5 .250 square tube cut with my plasma and then drilled a center pin hole works great and doesn't cost more then your time and 6 bucks in steel. Started on the rear last week.

I normally just bolt every thing up and hold off welding until the front is up to make sure I get the pinion angle set.
20131003_113138_zps6409f299.jpg

Sitting on some 33s waiting for my return after I get the front set.
20131003_154215_zps71d25829.jpg

Got some snow Yesterday after it started melting I took the truck down to play in the muddy gulch. Thing is a beast.
20131018_162935_zpse86c93b8.jpg

20131018_163022_zps31777492.jpg

20131018_163044_zps08fb3366.jpg

Winch showed up. Going to get to work on the bumper next week.
20131019_094347_zps59af5599.jpg

Took the truck on a 40 mile trip. Did great went straight down the road. Not a fan of the KM1s they are so loud.... When we got back took the truck back down to the gulch in the snow storm beat on it some more. Then heading back to house I hit a jump about 30 mph truck took it no problem. Bracket kit is working great.

20131020_172308_zps9ce038c2.jpg

Sweet build

Lookin awesome :thumbsup:

I'll be more then happy to bring my Sport Trac out to you to be the first one for you to do a SAS on. I'll even bring the wheels/ tires, and other parts I already have stockpiled. You do great work from everything I see and read.

Ah dreams, they're nice. LOL

I'll be more then happy to bring my Sport Trac out to you to be the first one for you to do a SAS on. I'll even bring the wheels/ tires, and other parts I already have stockpiled. You do great work from everythig I see and read.

Ah dreams, they're nice. LOL

Bring it out!;) Thanks I never imagined my fetish for junky old 4x4s would work out like this. It is a ton of fun. :D

One day I'll move back out west, hopefully sooner then later. Keep up the good work!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back