Pulling the trigger on the Superlift | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pulling the trigger on the Superlift

You're making me reconsider my offer to help install your new lift :scratch:

LOL....It's been power-washed and cleaned, promise. Except for that last run to rescue my friend a few months back.

Those damn Jeep guys, I swear....

IMG_1514edit_zpsebbdd553.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL....It's been power-washed and cleaned, promise. Except for that last run to rescue my friend a few months back.

Those damn Jeep guys, I swear....

IMG_1514edit_zpsebbdd553.jpg

Hey Hey hold your tongue I was one of those jeep guys except I changed to rangers and explorer because my jeep was falling apart...

Trigger: Pulled. :D

Order_zpsbfab1f09.jpg

Oh man, now's the worst part: the wait. Hopefully Superlift has finished their most recent run and actually has stuff to ship to you. If you don't get an actual tracking number within the next few business days, call Summit or Superlift directly and find out if it's going to be delayed. If it is, you're better off finding someplace that has it in stock, even if it is a bit more expensive.

Congrats!

Oh man, now's the worst part: the wait. Hopefully Superlift has finished their most recent run and actually has stuff to ship to you. If you don't get an actual tracking number within the next few business days, call Summit or Superlift directly and find out if it's going to be delayed. If it is, you're better off finding someplace that has it in stock, even if it is a bit more expensive.

Any clue how long the wait could be? Tough to find this kit for under $1,500!

Can we get pics of the build ??

It's been done a lot on this board, so it's really nothing special, but yep, I will have a build thread.

I ordered the kit for the 98 last December, waited about four months for them to make it before finally getting sick of it and then ordering one from another place who had it actually in stock, National Tire and Wheel. It was a bit more expensive, but I had it less than a week later. Though, turns out that I could have just waited all along as I've put that project on the back burner and need to reblast and repaint the frame before I finish all the suspension work, haha.

Thanks Obie.

So the parts started arriving already, and I'm told Superlift should have everything in the mail by mid-September.

I got the driveshaft today, and these:

photo_zpse1ecd7d1.jpg

Now, these are pretty much bare metal, and I'm thinking they're gonna rust up within days once installed. SO I'm thinking about going and getting them powder coated at a local shop along with any other parts that come in that could use it. Do you guys think that would cause any issues with fitment/installation?

I powdercoated mine myself. There are some areas that need spacial attention for masking, and thread prtotection.

I would be glad to powdercoat yours, however the shipping back and forth would be a bit of money.

attachment.php

im also doing this kit.

I ordered my knuckles yesterday, matter of fact, box 9637.

I will be doing a SOA in the rear though, so......all ill need is the 9633 front box.
with the shocks and brackets, im thinking about the skid plate too.

I got a great deal on the 9637 box with a tax ID# for a shop, BIG discount.

hope you get to start installing yours soon....

have you though about what gears your going with...????
would be practical with the front diff coming out....

:salute:

I powdercoated mine myself. There are some areas that need spacial attention for masking, and thread prtotection.

I would be glad to powdercoat yours, however the shipping back and forth would be a bit of money.

Thanks Jon, would love to have you do it, but like you said, the shipping back and forth would be cost prohibitive for me with how much money I'm dropping already. You need to move your butt to PA! ;)

Is it safe to say I could powder coat the entire part as long as I have any threads masked off? Or are there other surfaces I'd need to worry about?

im also doing this kit.

I ordered my knuckles yesterday, matter of fact, box 9637.

I will be doing a SOA in the rear though, so......all ill need is the 9633 front box.
with the shocks and brackets, im thinking about the skid plate too.

I got a great deal on the 9637 box with a tax ID# for a shop, BIG discount.

hope you get to start installing yours soon....

have you though about what gears your going with...????
would be practical with the front diff coming out....

I'm sticking with the gears i have, because I don't plan on going with larger tires. I think 33s will be fine, and I'm OK with the power output with 33s and 3.73s.

Just an update - the rear leaf springs aren't shipping until 12/20. So it looks like this will be a spring 2014 endeavor.

Just an update - the rear leaf springs aren't shipping until 12/20. So it looks like this will be a spring 2014 endeavor.

you cant get 4in lift springs from anywhere else....???

or do soa..??

My springs are SHOT - not doing SOA with them. They're almost flat.

I might be able to get 4'' lift springs form somewhere else, but I want to do this right with everything from the same manufacturer, the way it was meant to be installed. I'd rather not spend a few thousand and be piecing stuff together from different kits, having the truck not sit level, etc.

My springs are SHOT - not doing SOA with them. They're almost flat.

I might be able to get 4'' lift springs form somewhere else, but I want to do this right with everything from the same manufacturer, the way it was meant to be installed. I'd rather not spend a few thousand and be piecing stuff together from different kits, having the truck not sit level, etc.

they have **** springs. (had them before), that's why im not doing
there rear lift.

hell with flat springs, you would probley get 4in from a double aal.
and be done, tell them to 86 the rear. haha

im actually waiting on a front cross member on my lift, they keep
telling me "end of the week", then I call, and they tell me "next week".
im starting to get pissed off.

Yea, they've actually pushed mine back a couple of times. One of the other parts was supposed to ship 9/14 and now it says 10/16. And the leafs were originally scheduled for an October arrival. Oh well. I sort of expected this from reading other people's experiences. I guess that's what we get for not having a Jeep.:scratch:

so I called a few minutes ago, and the guy ive been working with,
tells me the crossmembers are coming in from the powdercoater TODAY.
and said "I will personally ship your box out tomorrow" haha

so we will see, im gonna call him tomorrow for a tracking number.

this will be about the 10th time I called.

anyway, I have ALL the front bracketry and shocks coming for just
north of 6 bills.

hope you decide to take another route on your rear, to get your lift going.

when my package EVER gets here, I hope to do everything in 1 day.
I know I know, I SAID HOPE!!! hahaha

good luck

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back