Question, half of the dash lights are out | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question, half of the dash lights are out

Mike2003st

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 st
The right side of the dash does not light up, but the right side turn signal indicator light stays on dash only. Turn signals work fine on the outside. All other lights work just fine. Checked all fuses. Maybe a possible short ? Started when it was humid out would start acting up then finally just stayed that way.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Possibly, or maybe just the last bulb on that side died. You'll have to bull the cluster to investigate.

Possibly, or maybe just the last bulb on that side died. You'll have to bull the cluster to investigate.

or you could pull the cluster
:)

same thing happened to me and i just replaced the bulbs in my instrument panel cluster. there are 6 bulbs, their pt. number is 194. it cost me under ten bucks to do, but it took me about an hour and a half of actual work but i didnt mind. i had a day off and a case of coronas. even if it ends up being just one bulb out, its probably a good idea to replace all the bulbs in the panel (6) since it will be a pain in the ass to get the cluster out anyway. i even replaced the lights in my HVAC controls which are also #194. there is a great youtube tutorial on the subject that i left below. and i also left you a picture of what you are in store for. dont get intimidated, its not as complicated as it looks. just be gentle and dont try to force any panels out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzxz7iG81kI
just watch this video and all the related videos and it will show you where all the clips and screws are.

CIMG0451.jpg

here's what mine looked like halfway through

oh yeah, remember to unhook your battery, you dont want to electrocute yourself or take an airbag to the face. and make sure youve checked that it isnt somethign like a fuse or somethign simple first before you go opening up your dashboard. good luck1

The right side of the dash does not light up, but the right side turn signal indicator light stays on dash only. Turn signals work fine on the outside. All other lights work just fine. Checked all fuses. Maybe a possible short ? Started when it was humid out would start acting up then finally just stayed that way.
Same for me, but none were working, then i replaced the number 7 fuse (fuse box by dash cluster) then half of them are on now. but the other half don’t work and they have new bulbs (i just replaced a monty ago). HELP ASAP

Back