Quickie about 32's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quickie about 32's

All right here's a quick one. Do any of you have 32x1250's. If so what kind are they, how much did you pay, what backspacing do you have and how much lift do ya got to fit em.
Ok i guess that isn't so quick after all. Thanx for any replies. :)
I've got a 93 EB in case you needed to know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

32x12.5's? i don't know of to many of those. micky t. might make some but i can't stand their tires. just air and rubber. it sounds to me like your just looking for a wide stance. why not just go w/ 33's? a 3" body lift will work just fine(if you wanna go cheap), plus you could get some coil spacers and warrior schackles and add another 1.5". don't forget, you can get a wide looking truck w/ just a 11.5" or even a 10.5" tire if you get the right wheels. the wider you get the more stocky they'll look and if you go w/ 3.75" backspacing, they'll stick out a good bit. don't go any wider than 2" less than the tread width though. i mean, if you get a 12.5" tire, only get a 10" wheel. wider will work, but won't be as safe.

i have a 3 inch body lift and the coil spacer and shackle lift. i fit 32x11.50 BFG mudterrains with a little rubbing. i got american racing tailgunner rims and my tires stick out but i like it. gotta change em back to stcok to pass inspction but that only takes a half hour once a year. with enough research you can figure out what you want and need to do it.

Originally posted by Bigcheck1
i have a 3 inch body lift and the coil spacer and shackle lift. i fit 32x11.50 BFG mudterrains with a little rubbing.

hey "budweiser"- how badly do you rub? is it just your bumpers? i sent you a private message the other day asking about your bumpers and what kit you got to adjust them back after your body lift but i'm guessing you never got it. i was just wondering b/c i will need to get that kit pretty soon. by the way, how much backspacing do your tailgunners have and are they 15x8 or 10? thanks a lot-russel
p.s.- good pictures on your site, just need an up close

i never got the pm. the kit that came with the body lift worked fine for the front. i actually moved the bumber forward half an inch. the back is a whole diffrent ball of wax. i ended up getting so pissed that i made a custom bracket out of wood. i used some 2x4s and cut and notched them to fit inside the frame adn notched the frame so the bumper would go all the way up. looks and works great, strong as hell. i dont remember the backspacing on the rims but a little note of advice for you to have is that most normal tire shops can't help pick out rims in terms of backspacing and stuff. they are 15x8's and they wrok just fine. you're better off talking directly to american racing and 4x4 shops that some of us have used. the rubbing-- i only rub at full lock backing up. other than that its ok. i havent cut any of the fender out yet. when i get my truck back up at school and put my exhaust on, there will be plenty more pics of my new stereo stuff and some close ups. any more help needed just let me know.
chad

thanx you guys for the replies. I wanted to stay with the 32's because then i wouldn't have to change gears. I do really like the 1250's so 33's are a real possibility. If i go 3in body and spacers and shackles would those fit with minimal rubbing except at like full flex? I was thinking of the black rock crawler rims and some 33x12.5 muds. I guess that Super Swamper makes some 31x12.5 but not 32's. Thats ok I dont really wanna shell out $170 a tire anyhow. Does anybody have the stock 3.73 gears and 33's how much power is lost. I'm not in the market for a gear change. Thanx

B-MAN

I thought I seen an ad in Off-Road or 4Wheel & Off Road Magazine that showed Pro Comp having a 32x12.5
I tried a search, but no luck. They were listed at $175
or something close to that. Maybe they didn't do so well and stopped making them. They would look nice.

Try to see what metric size would be comparable!

Good luck

my bad!

I just found it from ww.natltire.com. What they had was the 31 x 12.5 at $158. Still spendy for a 31"

Sorry about the false hope!

Back