32's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

32's

With a 2"TT, AZ Shackles, and 32 x 11.50's ¿What kind of flex can I expect? None at all? More than before? What is the deal. I want some flex but I want tires and up off the ground more than anything. If I do this, will I improve my flex greatly if later I add a 2"BL?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They will fit with TT/Trimming/AAL/Shackles/Trimming.

You should be ok to flex but a BL would not hurt.

Originally posted by GaSouthern1
They will fit with TT/Trimming/AAL/Shackles/Trimming.

You should be ok to flex but a BL would not hurt.

Emphasis on trimming. My 32x10.50's rubbed pretty good with just the TT up front (rear was fine but I have closer to 3" of lift in the rear)

That is weird, my 265s didnt rub at all other than when I hit a large bump at considerable speed, I guess it really is depending on the truck.

my 32x11.5 with the TT and 2" BL up front required very little trimming up front.. ive been in major flex situations and havent rubbed at all even turning my tires

That unfortunatly is the key

You have a 2"BL. I don't and that is another $100 (last semester in college. Money is a lil' tight. Scratch that. Very tight). Also, ¿You still had to do trimming even after all that (2" TT Shackles AND THE BODY LIFT) I was just wondering if I would have to do the body lift to get away without trimming. JEEZ MAN.

the trimming was very minute. not noticeable at all, not even while looking in the fender wells. you can probably fit 32x10.5 's with no trimming. Do your TT/shackle and test fit some tires.. every trucks different.

Yea i know the money situtaion.. im a sophomore.

You should PM Digger196, before he had his BL he has 32x1150s on with a TT/shackles. I think he had good luck with that setup.

I don't thik I' gonna have such luck

I'll try though.

Junior in college here... and I would recommend getting the 2" BL. I didn't want to trim anything on mine so I planned on getting it. Actually got the tires mounted and then drove home and did the BL. Yeah, it is $100, but I thought it was worth it, and it makes your X that much bigger and badder (trust me, 2" doesn't sound like much until you're done and the height is great!)

Shackles

Well, I had an existing tire patched, and a TT done. (not sure how much I gained, don't think it was the full 2" though maybe 1.5" (driver's side is bottomed out) Gonna put my shackles on tomorrow. ¿Will those longer shackles siffen up the back end? I ask because I like the way the front end rides now (the back I don't like because it was loose to begin with. ¿Anyone know?

Shackles don't affect the ride at all, except your center of gravity will be higher, which affects handling.

In other words

In other words. I will HAVE to have new heavy duty, off road shocks in the back at least The front to me just rides like new maybe heavy duty shocks. I was told it would be much rougher. I just thought it was stiffer but not necessarily rougher.

Well, keeping your sway bars connected should keep the rig stiff enough to drive safely. Stiffer and rougher can be thought of as the same thing. Nice shocks will help this, but not all that important.

Back to your original question about flex. Yes, a TT is limiting your flex. The more TT you do, the less droop you get.

i'm more than fine after i did the BL. i have yet to rub anywhere w/ major flex and on the road w/ major bumps. w/o the BL i would rub when seriously flexed or when i hit a huge bump. they will fit w/ trimming.

What about without BL?

What about without BL. I started off with 33" at the fender well (from the ground) Sears did a TT (to the max on driver's side) and now it is at 34". The rear was (and still is) 32" Going to put the shackles on tomorrow (That will make it 34" at the back). It almost looked like a squeeze for 32's (though none were put on just a set held up to it before TT). (are those things going to fit with those kinds of figures) I think a couple of reasons I didn't get 2" with TT is because 1) it is a 2000 (almost the last of 2nd Gen) 2) it is a 4 door.
#1 Will I have to get the BL for it to fit?
#2 Will the 2" BL kit for the Ford Ranger come with everything?
#3 If not, what all will it not come with?
#4 Will it come with Bumper lift or is that also something totally seperate?

The 2" kit will come with brackets that you can drill/modify to lift your rear bumper. To raise the front bumper you'll need to buy the brackets from PA or make your own

I have 31's had tt/shaq

lets just say I wish I bought 32's there's alot of room still after doing the tt/shaq and I only did 1 1/2 inchs. now I'm doing a 3" BL and going 33's when I can afford them anyway:rolleyes:

Hmmmm....

Did the TT Just put the Shackles on today. Brought it to Sears agian (They almost sold me a set of tires I can't EVEN afford) and we put a BFGW 32x11.50 on the drivers side front. It didn't fit. Gonna rub the front bumper. (doesn't rub the body at all not even inside fender well!!! Hmm... ¿Could I push out the front bumper one inch? How much $$$ to do that? So, if I do the 2" BL, I still gotta spend even more money to do the bumper lift? ¿anything else it doesn't come with for the Explorer? ¿Is this gonna affect my Air Bag sensors?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got somewhere

I got somewhere between ¾"- 1" out of TT. There just ain't much on those 4 door models I don't think. But, I gotta have the 4 door. This will be my family vehicle when I get married soon.:cool:

Back