Rancho or Edelbrock | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rancho or Edelbrock

Jayson

Reaction score
I'm trying to justfy the extra $20-$35 for the Edelbrocks IAS shock over Rancho's RSX or 5000 shock. I'm a street driver only and would love to rid my '93 Explorer of it's wishy washy suspension. I want it to ride firm. I've already installed a beefier anti-sway bar kit in the front and rear, but that seemed to do nothing. Fellas, which shock is going to give me what I want, the Edelbrock IAS. Rancho 5000, or Rancho RSX?

Many thanks,
Jayson

Jason-I have had RS5000s on my '91 for nearly five years now. Its one of the best investments I've made. It totally got rid of the side to side sway when going over uneven terrain. It makes my '91 handle corners great. I'm also running a Rancho steering stabilizer to handle the potholes and ruts. The only other shock I would look at getting is the RS9000s since they are manually adjustable five ways. All Rancho products like most other shocks are lifetime warranteed. Hope this helps.

Are the RSX's better than the RS5000? IF you goto 4wheelparts.com you can get the Buy 3 get 1 free deal; on the RSX's or the RS9000's. Hope that helps you, Jayson.

I used to have the RS5000 on my 94 Limited and wife totalled that truck. (I'm sad now) I'm a member of that "preferred customer" mumbo jumbo over at 4wheel parts so I'll go and take a look at them. Their store is about 25 miles away so maybe I'll just go over there and see what they say.

My Limited did not have the beefed up anti-sway bars so maybe that would a plus by having them on this Explorer with the RS5000, hmmm.... I did like the feel of those 5000s. I felt the road more.

Thanks for advice fellas,
Jayson

Back